Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Baseball Video Feed on screen display

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Baseball Video Feed on screen display

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:39 pm

Who would be the best person to contact/complain to so that maybe the count and outs could be added to the video feed of the baseball games. They have the score so I would thing feeding the current count and outs would be doable as well. It seems this has been done in the past when we had announcers.

No one is announcing the games at present so the only audio is what the mic pics up from the crowd and the PA at the game. I can live with that, but having a count on the screen would be nice.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

mtnjax

Re: Baseball Video Feed on screen display

Unread post by mtnjax » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:36 pm

I second this. Even when we did have announcers in the first few games, they didn't do a good job of relaying outs and balls/strikes

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:43 am

We need DJ back, but I am guessing that may never happen. And I am not fond of a stats display that takes up a lot of room on a screen, but what they have now is legible yet small in space and there is room under the current score to show B S O and maybe even a field icon indicating runners. Given the camera view behind home plate not showing the entire infield bases the icon indicating runners would be nice. I see no reason it could not be synced to live stats, though live stats does lag behind when I have both video feed and live stats up so that would need to be adjusted. At a basic level it would seem the technology is there to have all of this happen and I would think happen without needing to hire anyone else, just pipe the information to the video feed from the person running the live stats, which I assume is the same person running the scoreboard. The work to format the video display might take a bit of effort but it would help both baseball and softball and need be done once and not every game.

If I had all the stats on the screen I could live with no announcer. In a way it feels a bit more like I am at the game hearing a bit of crowd murmur and the PA call out the players names. I would also not be averse to having a student do announcing as part of course credit if money is an issue in having an announcer call the game. Is that not how DJ started as a student?

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:45 am

So who do we contact? Start at the top? Director of baseball ops? Who is responsible for AppState TV? I used to contact DJ about problems in quality and streaming.

Fill out a ticket on the webpage for reporting problems?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Baseball”