Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

vs Little Rock

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

vs Little Rock

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:29 pm

App takes first Sun Belt baseball series 2 games to 1 against Little Rock. Today App won 8-7 with a big 8th inning.

LR had a 3 run homer with two out in the 9th to tie it up. Walk off double brought home the runner from first.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

tjpappy

Re: vs Little Rock

Unread post by tjpappy » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:35 pm

Good weekend for App baseball
Two walk-off wins in a row

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:39 pm

Saw a lot of good things this weekend. The team showed grit and resolve both yesterday and today. And they needed that series to get back in the Sun Belt Tournament race.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:42 pm

OOPS....Looks like Little Rock is going to be here for a little while longer. After losing the series on two walk-offs I guess they aren't too happy right now. This is why you ALWAYS double check where your GPS is taking you. As someone who drives a lot I never completely trust it. ;)

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:27 pm

Best week for baseball in a while, here's hoping they keep up the good work.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:32 pm

Of course I went to the Friday game. My record has not been great this year for in person Mountaineer athletics.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

bigCasu

Unread post by bigCasu » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:02 pm

Monroe's coach last week and now Little Rock's this weekend. Apparently they don't enjoy losing to us.

After Saturday:

"I'm very disappointed, and it's very inexcusable for our team to give up seven runs from the fifth inning on," head coach Chris Curry said. "I'm proud of our offense for battling back with some good at-bats, but on the bullpen side, it's really the first time they've let us down all year. We didn't come out of the bullpen with the intent of throwing quality pitches down in the zone."

After Sunday:

"I'm very proud of our team for battling back, but it's extremely frustrating to ask a guy to take the ball on the mound and for him to not answer the call by throwing the ball in the strike zone," head coach Chris Curry said. "There's no drill for that, and there are no words. It's simply being afraid of the moment. We had about five or six guys this weekend who were afraid of the moment and were afraid of failure. That is a guaranteed way to fail in a baseball game."

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:27 pm

That coach is really building up their confidence with comments like that, jeez.

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:56 am

bigCasu wrote:Monroe's coach last week and now Little Rock's this weekend. Apparently they don't enjoy losing to us.

After Sunday:

"I'm very proud of our team for battling back, but it's extremely frustrating to ask a guy to take the ball on the mound and for him to not answer the call by throwing the ball in the strike zone," head coach Chris Curry said. "There's no drill for that, and there are no words. It's simply being afraid of the moment. We had about five or six guys this weekend who were afraid of the moment and were afraid of failure. That is a guaranteed way to fail in a baseball game."

So, does their coach want the pitcher to throw balls? Don't throw strikes is what I'm reading out of this comment.

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:06 pm

BUTCH1991 wrote:
bigCasu wrote:Monroe's coach last week and now Little Rock's this weekend. Apparently they don't enjoy losing to us.

After Sunday:

"extremely frustrating to ask a guy to take the ball on the mound and for him to not answer the call by throwing the ball in the strike zone,"

So, does their coach want the pitcher to throw balls? Don't throw strikes is what I'm reading out of this comment.

I don't know the particulars but maybe he is referring to them giving up too many walks/passed balls.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Baseball”