Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Pat Good Leaving Team

firemoose
School: Appalachian State

Pat Good Leaving Team

Unread post by firemoose » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:43 am

SG Pat Good has requested his release from the team. I waited due to the power being knocked out just after a post went out from an unconfirmed source and I needed confirmation before I put it up. Had to wait until I got back to check. Bad timing since if he had done this in the spring, when transfers usually happen, we could have signed a person for that spot. Also interesting timing that he would do it now since he posted on July 7th about starting the offseason S&C program. Have to wonder if it had anything to do with the fact that we started practicing recently with the new guards here. Who really knows and it's doubtful we will know but regardless I guess we'll have another spot open for the 2018 class. We only had two before so we have a few more options now.

EDIT: Changed the title as I'm now hearing he has been granted his release. Before it was posted he had asked for it but had not received it yet. The person who posted it made it seem we going to be difficult but that's not the case at all. It only happened a couple of days ago and our staff is all on the road recruiting after the month long dead period, as you can tell from all the 18' and 19' offers I've been posting.

NO.2

Re: Pat Good Leaving Team

Unread post by NO.2 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:20 am

Well that's a major bummer.

agentpaul001

Unread post by agentpaul001 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:42 am

Wow, very disappointing. He showed so much potential throughout the season as a freshmen. I was excited to see how he'd improve this season. I guess we could have looked back to early this year for signs but alas. I wish him the best.

Hopefully we can find someone to fill that roster spot at this stage of the year...

It'd be nice to get some scorers around Shabazz and see what this team could do this season and next.

Goapps15

Unread post by Goapps15 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:22 am

Just another thing that Fox cannot get right. Very disappointing going into a year where he can't afford another clunker.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:16 am

Well, I had high hopes for Patrick until he decided to pull a *late* "dtaegraham" caper. He did us no favors with the timing of his departure, but if he's unhappy at App we don't want or need him any longer. Methinks he was likely troubled by the competition from Hough, Cottrell, Williams and Forrest with Battle eagerly waiting in the wings for next season. He had no guarantees of PT at App so he's eying Iowa Western JuCo for a year to sell his outside shooting to another D-I program.

It's time for Hough and Cottrell to step up at 2G.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:33 pm

If he doesn't think he's going to get significant PT with us going forward then I don't like his chances anywhere else at this level.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:58 pm

proasu89 wrote:If he doesn't think he's going to get significant PT with us going forward then I don't like his chances anywhere else at this level.
Agree. Career spot or role player somewhere unless he picks up his play on both ends of the court.

app97

Unread post by app97 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:33 pm

asu66 wrote:Well, I had high hopes for Patrick until he decided to pull a *late* "dtaegraham" caper. He did us no favors with the timing of his departure, but if he's unhappy at App we don't want or need him any longer. Methinks he was likely troubled by the competition from Hough, Cottrell, Williams and Forrest with Battle eagerly waiting in the wings for next season. He had no guarantees of PT at App so he's eying Iowa Western JuCo for a year to sell his outside shooting to another D-I program.

It's time for Hough and Cottrell to step up at 2G.
Cottrell? really? Unless he has made drastic improvements, I don't see it. Hough was a d2 player, but burned us for 18 its, all on 3's a couple of years ago in an exhibition game. Maybe he has potential to be a constant outside threat. Good didn't have any d1 offers (except maybe Navy) until we came along. I was surprised, and thought we found a gem after I saw his shooting. He burned multiple teams. I feel like the weaknesses (that maybe other d1 coaches saw) were defense, lateral quickness, etc. He was pretty much a spot up shooter. Surprised to see him leave, though.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:45 am

No surprise here....

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:27 pm

This was his original destination before our guys caught a few of his HS team's late-season games in which he shot lights-out. He's just going back home. Probably a GF, home cookin' and larger crowds in Freedom Hall are part of the draw--not to mention likely a better chance to start. More power to him unless the Bucs are on our '18-'19, '19-'20 and '20-'21 schedules. ;)

Appdoggy

Unread post by Appdoggy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:57 pm

Good for him. That's definitely a step up. Gets to play on a tournament team that's somewhat relevant.

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:57 pm

asu66 wrote:This was his original destination before our guys caught a few of his HS team's late-season games in which he shot lights-out. He's just going back home. Probably a GF, home cookin' and larger crowds in Freedom Hall are part of the draw--not to mention likely a better chance to start. More power to him unless the Bucs are on our '18-'19, '19-'20 and '20-'21 schedules. ;)
Is our basketball recruiting so local that going back home means 55 minutes closer?

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:41 pm

Appdoggy wrote:Good for him. That's definitely a step up. Gets to play on a tournament team that's somewhat relevant.

Yeah, I don't know much about their roster, but unless they lost a ton, I don't know about that being a better chance to start. ETSU was much better than us last year.

app97

Unread post by app97 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:01 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
Appdoggy wrote:Good for him. That's definitely a step up. Gets to play on a tournament team that's somewhat relevant.

Yeah, I don't know much about their roster, but unless they lost a ton, I don't know about that being a better chance to start. ETSU was much better than us last year.
Their staff fills the roster with jucos, much like most of the sun belt. But yeah, they've had more bball success than us for quite a while.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:19 am

app97 wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:

Their staff fills the roster with jucos, much like most of the sun belt. But yeah, they've had more bball success than us for quite a while.
I assume you include us with your reference to Sun Belt teams. It's not like we don't have any jucos or transfers on our roster.

app97

Unread post by app97 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:46 pm

hapapp wrote:
app97 wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:

I assume you include us with your reference to Sun Belt teams. It's not like we don't have any jucos or transfers on our roster.
Not near as many jucos as most of the belt. I can't think of many under Fox other than the new Williams kid. Several prep school players and div 1 and 2 transfers, though.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:37 pm

We just graduated a JUCO in O'Boyle.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:49 pm

Listen maybe Patrick was still in the dog house after the drug thing?

app97

Unread post by app97 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:48 pm

hapapp wrote:We just graduated a JUCO in O'Boyle.
true, although we still don't have many compared to other sun belt teams.

Apppstate

Unread post by Apppstate » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:31 am

Can't bring in too many juco's and still be able to sell the " young team with a ton of potential" every year

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”