App MBB vs Coastal, Saturday, Jan. 20, 4:30 p.m. ET, year two thousand and twenty four, Cure Bowl celebration game, cold

hapapp
School: Appalachian State

Re: App MBB vs Coastal, Saturday, Jan. 20, 4:30 p.m. ET, year two thousand and twenty four, Cure Bowl celebration game,

Unread post by hapapp » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:45 pm

Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:42 am
Interesting that currently NC State and FSU are both below us in the NET rankings yet near the top of the ACC. We really need Troy and JMU to win every game except when we play. It's a shame that we could win 25 games and get relegated to the NIT and some 17-12 power school will get in as a 10 seed and get waxed on day 1 of the tournament. I've never been an advocate of just putting a ridiculous number of teams in the tournament and I hate when some power school gripes and moans that they got left out after going 19-11 but they could easily just add a preliminary round on the Tuesday to include some regional matchups. Play it up as Super Tuesday. If we happened to lose our tournament but win the regular season that should count for something. Maybe a Super Tuesday matchup with UNCG or High Point as both of them look pretty good and could end up like us. Way too easy to add 32 teams with the winners advancing. Offset this with byes to the top 4 in each region. Byes makes the regular season more important and interesting.
Remember, the NIT has changed the format.
https://www.ncaa.org/news/2023/10/27/me ... ormat.aspx

T-Dog

Re: App MBB vs Coastal, Saturday, Jan. 20, 4:30 p.m. ET, year two thousand and twenty four, Cure Bowl celebration game,

Unread post by T-Dog » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:02 pm

Looking around at bracetology's, App is a consensus 13 seed right now, so barring a late season collapse, if the NCAAs doesn't happen, the NIT seems likely even with the changes.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”