Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

A History of ASU Hoops Scheduling and How to Fill the HCC

T-Dog

A History of ASU Hoops Scheduling and How to Fill the HCC

Unread post by T-Dog » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:27 pm

Something I've been working on for a while including a shocking percentage of non-DI games in the Holmes Center era.

http://www.yosefscabin.com/ahoasuhsahtfthc/

AppStateNation
School: Appalachian State

Re: A History of ASU Hoops Scheduling and How to Fill the HC

Unread post by AppStateNation » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:58 pm

Back in College I literally went door to door with some other guys handing out flyers trying to get people to go to the basketball games. I got a lot of "Wait, we have a basketball team?!"

We have the best facilities in the conference, but we absolutely suck at hiring head coaches. We need to invest more money in our next coach. A conference championship or two and a trip to the NCAA's would do a lot to cure our attendance woes. There's no reason why we shouldn't win this conference every year.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:47 pm

Step one is win, tonight's bad loss to High Point is unacceptable.

I really think the lack of a basketball program is holding us back as a whole.

yosefederation

Unread post by yosefederation » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:16 am

Make them move back to Varsity Gym until they win a conference championship/and or tournament. jmo. BTW the last 11 years average attendance at VG was approximately 30% more of the Holmes Center first 11 years for mens BB.

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY

Unread post by PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:36 am

nice stats...sadly, winning isn't one of them. i remember hearing that if 1/3 of the fans left the football game and then went to that nights basketball game, it would be sold out. what is depressing is hearing someones conversation 5 rows down...while watching app lose to king college...id rather have our heads handed to us while playing good or great schools instead of crappy unknown schools...im sorry, but i dont count montreat and milligan and sc upstate as crowd drawing teams. on top of that, should we lose to a team like that, how do you think the attendance will be for the next home game. hell...il go even farther...holmes id depressing...lots of gray seats...why gray...why dodnt they do black or gold??? yes, im sure they heard that maybe that color doesnt stand out as much when not having a good crowd but the object is not hiding empty seats, it's filling them.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:34 am

Oh,but Moe, the dank. THE DANK!

The gray seats was a product of the thinking of the previous administration. It's probably a miracle they didn't pick green. Of course, if you put arses in those seats, and they could be purple.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”