Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App v Hampton

Rekdiver
School: Appalachian State

App v Hampton

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:39 pm

3 min to go and we are wearing Hampton out.

Rekdiver

Re: App v Hampton

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:47 pm

Shooting 45% from 3

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:51 pm

Win 88-67

HeffnerIV

Unread post by HeffnerIV » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:54 pm

It's a D1 win. I'll take it

app97

Unread post by app97 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:15 pm

Balanced scoring once again. Nice to see Logan have a big game. That's the best we've shot the ball in a long time, I believe. Hampton is not doing well this year, but the only team that has beaten them anywhere close to to the margin that we did was Kansas State. Looking forward to what we cxn accomplish in conference play with this super young team.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:34 pm

Progress.

diehardapp18

Unread post by diehardapp18 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:51 am

So out of conference play is over, honestly if it weren't for that horrid WCU loss at home I think we'd all be pleased with where the team is at. I didn't expect to beat Davidson, Tennessee, NC State, Duke or UNC Charlotte even. The team is still super young and they should be entering conference play with some confidence. All we can do is hope to see continued improvement throughout the season, and everyone should be back next year.

ashugh

Unread post by ashugh » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:03 am

I sat courtside at the state game. The Apps couldn't throw it in the ocean that night. I don't know if it was nerves or what, but it sure didn't seem to be. I think it was just a case of the first few guys being off and it was contagious.
Now, what I did see is that App has good size, length and athleticism. They played hard all the way to the end and they consistently created open looks for themselves, through good passing and running the offense or good athletic moves one on one. I think the future is bright for these kids. As noted they are young, but I believe they have the makeup of a team that could gel as early as this season or definitely by getting a full year under their belts for next year.
The score board that night was a blow out. But, I saw a lot of potential. They are very well coached kids that worked their tails off all night and were disciplined. I'll be surprised if this group doesn't make some noise during their time in Boone.

Merry Christmas, all!

bigCasu

Unread post by bigCasu » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:31 am

We let Hampton cut it lead to 9 in the second half, but we responded quickly and put them away. Balanced scoring all around, that's what Coach Fox wants from his teams.

App91

Unread post by App91 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:27 am

ashugh wrote:I sat courtside at the state game. The Apps couldn't throw it in the ocean that night. I don't know if it was nerves or what, but it sure didn't seem to be. I think it was just a case of the first few guys being off and it was contagious.
Now, what I did see is that App has good size, length and athleticism. They played hard all the way to the end and they consistently created open looks for themselves, through good passing and running the offense or good athletic moves one on one. I think the future is bright for these kids. As noted they are young, but I believe they have the makeup of a team that could gel as early as this season or definitely by getting a full year under their belts for next year.
The score board that night was a blow out. But, I saw a lot of potential. They are very well coached kids that worked their tails off all night and were disciplined. I'll be surprised if this group doesn't make some noise during their time in Boone.

Merry Christmas, all!
Saw the Dook and UNC Concord games, my thoughts: we miss more layups than any team in history. Guys play hard but have a hard time scoring. Defensive lapses allow easy buckets. I think they play at a pace that is just slightly too fast for them causing lots of turnovers and bad decisions. Seems like the body is going faster than the brain

1ASU78

Unread post by 1ASU78 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:17 am

At my age I'm just the opposite, my brain is faster than my body.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”