Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App vs UTA - MBB

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: App vs UTA - MBB

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:35 am

app97 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
hapapp wrote:Apps trail Tx State 64-43.
Why do we shoot so many 3 pointers when our percentage is so abysmal? Is it because we lack a good inside game? I just watched the Texas State game on ESPN3 and the place was pretty much empty.
We had over 2600 in the gym for UTA on Saturday. That's pretty good for our standards. Were they giving away beer or something?

I guess I was expecting too much for a Monday night game. Thanks for the information.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

hbk999

Unread post by hbk999 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:42 am

app97 wrote:
appstateeyedoc wrote:Patrick Good and Kelvin Robinson have been suspended indefinitely for a "violation of team rules". Bret Strelow just tweeted it
Anyone have any insight as to why they were suspended? I was glad to see them both on the bench near the coaches, cheering the team on.
I don't know for sure, but more often than not "violation of team rules" is typically drug test related in college.

bigCasu

Unread post by bigCasu » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:24 am

hbk999 wrote:
app97 wrote:
appstateeyedoc wrote:Patrick Good and Kelvin Robinson have been suspended indefinitely for a "violation of team rules". Bret Strelow just tweeted it
Anyone have any insight as to why they were suspended? I was glad to see them both on the bench near the coaches, cheering the team on.
I don't know for sure, but more often than not "violation of team rules" is typically drug test related in college.
This is the second time I have seen contraband mentioned as a reason why these two were suspended. There is not one shred of evidence to confirm any reason why this suspension was levied. Good luck finding out as "team rules" usually is a secret code. This could have been as simple as a classroom check on Monday afternoon. Perfect time to catch some slacking off when App had half a snow day. Lets not assume the worst here people.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:23 am

app97 wrote:
WataugaMan wrote:I honestly don't believe we will win another game this season, it's beyond terrible. On another note, I see Monroe won tonight. Thus, once more we take over sole possession of last place. :oops:
Tied for last, actually. That was ULMs first conference win.
That's a relief, I feel so much better now. :lol:

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:54 am

bigCasu wrote:
hbk999 wrote:
app97 wrote:
This is the second time I have seen contraband mentioned as a reason why these two were suspended. There is not one shred of evidence to confirm any reason why this suspension was levied. Good luck finding out as "team rules" usually is a secret code. This could have been as simple as a classroom check on Monday afternoon. Perfect time to catch some slacking off when App had half a snow day. Lets not assume the worst here people.
It could have been simply something like being late for practices or even missing practices, it would seem.
Google SUX

bigCasu

Unread post by bigCasu » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:12 pm

NewApp wrote:
bigCasu wrote:
hbk999 wrote:
app97 wrote:
It could have been simply something like being late for practices or even missing practices, it would seem.
Unfortunately, those that jumped to conclusions were partly correct.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:49 pm

bigCasu wrote:
NewApp wrote:
bigCasu wrote:
hbk999 wrote:
app97 wrote:
How do you know the reason for the suspensions involved drugs? What does "partly correct" mean?
Google SUX

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:04 am

NewApp wrote:
bigCasu wrote:
NewApp wrote:
bigCasu wrote:
hbk999 wrote:
How do you know the reason for the suspensions involved drugs? What does "partly correct" mean?
Because the police report is posted in the "Suspension" thread.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”