Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App @ Ark LR

asu66
School: Appalachian State

Re: App @ Ark LR

Unread post by asu66 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:34 pm

Kinney and Shabazz speak up during TO huddles; not but so much on the court. That's a problem.

Agree that Hough is a major mystery. He had no stats to speak of at Belmont Abbey? Why does Fox think he's going to make an impact in the Sun Belt? Why does he continue to rob D2 rosters? It's a non-starter!
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

app97

Unread post by app97 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:20 pm

asu66 wrote:Kinney and Shabazz speak up during TO huddles; not but so much on the court. That's a problem.

Agree that Hough is a major mystery. He had no stats to speak of at Belmont Abbey? Why does Fox think he's going to make an impact in the Sun Belt? Why does he continue to rob D2 rosters? It's a non-starter!
Probably because of what he did to us last year when we played Belmont Abbey (maybe an exhibition?) He torched us at the Homes Center.

Also, he's probably not a scholly player, therefore not taking away one of the available 13 scholarships. I can think of at least 2 or 3 current scholarship players that I would consider pulling the scholarship from to make room for a couple more for next year.

RollNeers

Unread post by RollNeers » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:45 pm

asu66 wrote:Kinney and Shabazz speak up during TO huddles; not but so much on the court. That's a problem.

According to his appstatesports bio he "averaged Hough averaged 11.4 points per game as a freshman ... he increased his production as a sophomore with 15.5 points per game, while also serving as team captain ... Hough shot 48.4 percent from three, which ranked eighth nationally in Division II."

That seems pretty good if you ask me. Also, team captain as a sophomore is a very good sign of a leader.

app97

Unread post by app97 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:49 pm

RollNeers wrote:

According to his appstatesports bio he "averaged Hough averaged 11.4 points per game as a freshman ... he increased his production as a sophomore with 15.5 points per game, while also serving as team captain ... Hough shot 48.4 percent from three, which ranked eighth nationally in Division II."

That seems pretty good if you ask me. Also, team captain as a sophomore is a very good sign of a leader.
and scored 18 points, and was 4-7 from 3 against us in the exhibition last year.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:04 pm

app97 wrote:
RollNeers wrote:

and scored 18 points, and was 4-7 from 3 against us in the exhibition last year.
:oops: OK, my bad. I checked the site the day Hough's name went on the roster. Searched the Belmont-Abbey site and found zilch. I plead guilty of not looking since.

The 49% trey shooting justifies Fox's decision just fine! Can we somehow slip him in the lineup Sat? (Rhetorical ques., of course!)

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:04 pm

app97 wrote:
RollNeers wrote:

:oops: OK, my bad. I checked the site the day Hough's name went on the roster. Searched the Belmont-Abbey site and found zilch. I plead guilty of not looking since.

The 49% trey shooting justifies Fox's decision just fine! Can we somehow slip him in the lineup Sat? (Rhetorical ques., of course!)

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:09 pm

How would you guys who have been around for awhile compare the SoCon 20-30 years ago / the SoCon over the last 10 years we were in it / and the SunBelt currently ---

JUST ADDED THIS AS A NEW TOPIC ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”