Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Sun Belt teams in post-season tourneys

app97
School: Appalachian State

Sun Belt teams in post-season tourneys

Unread post by app97 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:05 pm

I noticed that 5 SB teams are still playing bball.

Troy - NCAA
UTA - NIT
Ga State - CollegeInsider.com
Ga Southern and Coastal - CBI

My question is why Coastal was picked over Ark St and Louisiana, who both finished higher in the conference. Coastal was our conference 8 seed and has a 16-17 record. Maybe it was schedule strength among other factors.

It's also noteworthy (and sort of depressing) that Furman, UNCA, UNCG, Samford, Campbell, and Liberty are still playing bball. Wes Miller did a heck of a job at UNCG this year, as well as Medved at Furman.

appfanjj

Re: Sun Belt teams in post-season tourneys

Unread post by appfanjj » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:22 pm

Sort of depressing? Name me one thing about our basketball program that isn't depressing. Disclaimer: I love college basketball and wish we had a quality program. Just aggravated right now with it all.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:12 am

app97 wrote:I noticed that 5 SB teams are still playing bball.

Troy - NCAA
UTA - NIT

My question is why Coastal was picked over Ark St and Louisiana, who both finished higher in the conference. Coastal was our conference 8 seed and has a 16-17 record. Maybe it was schedule strength among other factors.

It's also noteworthy (and sort of depressing) that Furman, UNCA, UNCG, Samford, Campbell, and Liberty are still playing bball. Wes Miller did a heck of a job at UNCG this year, as well as Medved at Furman.
I believe both schools declined. I know StAte did because their coach took another job.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:24 pm

Troy - NCAA
UTA - NIT

Depending on your POV, it's either better or worse than you thought. The Fun Belt now has six (6) men 's teams in post-season action. Texas State (20-13) will host the Lamar Cardinals in the CollegeInsiders.com tourney Thurs. evening in San Marcos.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

app97

Unread post by app97 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:47 pm

asu66 wrote:

Troy - NCAA
UTA - NIT

Depending on your POV, it's either better or worse than you thought. The Fun Belt now has six (6) men 's teams in post-season action. Texas State (20-13) will host the Lamar Cardinals in the CollegeInsiders.com tourney Thurs. evening in San Marcos.
interesting....one of our old assistants (Bobby Kummer) is on staff at Lamar.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:29 pm

hapapp wrote:

Troy - NCAA
UTA - NIT

I believe both schools declined. I know StAte did because their coach took another job.
Are the CI.com and CBI pay to play? If so, ULL may have passed over the cost, whereas CCU was all in $ be damned.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”