Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Basketball magazines

Stonewall
School: Appalachian State

Basketball magazines

Unread post by Stonewall » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:05 pm

Read three " at my local Harris Teeter store" today and we are picked 9th twice and then 10th , no all conference candidates. Interesting takes about our situation which I won't go into as my intention is not to create another coaching debate. Got a really good deal on coffee ,buy two get three free. You can freeze coffeee....

T-Dog

Re: Basketball magazines

Unread post by T-Dog » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:47 pm

Those predictions are fine, given our situation. Win total has decreased the last three years and three big-minute players are gone. Right now, our back court experience is Shabazz and that's it.

dman4x

Unread post by dman4x » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:35 pm

What the he** is a magazine?

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:04 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:05 pm
Read three " at my local Harris Teeter store" today and we are picked 9th twice and then 10th , no all conference candidates. Interesting takes about our situation which I won't go into as my intention is not to create another coaching debate. Got a really good deal on coffee ,buy two get three free. You can freeze coffeee....
Do they have Hazelnut flavored coffee?

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:26 pm

Old mountain men generally don't suffer smart asses.

agentpaul001

Unread post by agentpaul001 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:01 am

Some of the basketball magazines/newsletters do a fine job on research for ACC/SEC/etc. But the analysis on teams like App just isn't there. They tend to just go off prior season results, number upperclassmen, etc. I empathize that doing extensive research on a team like App for a short magazine snippet isn't worth it. So I just don't buy into their projections the least bit.

It's a safe bet to assume that App won't win the conference this year, but that doesn't mean it's a good one. Some of our few conference wins last year came over the best teams in conference. There's no team consistently running away with this conference.

Although the end to last season was disappointing in a few ways, it looks like the team has been putting a lot of work in over the off season. Shabazz is still one of the best players we've had in years. Yeah this year's team will look a lot different then last year's in composition, but not necessarily a bad thing...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”