Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

WBB: Madi Story and the youth movement

asu66
School: Appalachian State

WBB: Madi Story and the youth movement

Unread post by asu66 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:00 pm

If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

firemoose

Re: WBB: Madi Story and the youth movement

Unread post by firemoose » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:05 pm

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:21 pm

They were so close last season to breaking through before injuries and attrition happened, not to mention Angel coming back from cancer.

I feel like this season will be similar in terms of being so close, unless one of the newcomers is that good.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:26 am

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:30 am

Not good news. Hope Madi will be ok.

http://www.wataugademocrat.com/sports/a ... a2b22.html

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:48 am

firemoose wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:30 am
Not good news. Hope Madi will be ok.

http://www.wataugademocrat.com/sports/a ... a2b22.html
' “She said she went down and it was the outside of her knee,” Elderkin said. “I know it’s definitely her knee, I don’t know all the details of it.”

Story finished with four points and three assists in the 15 minutes she played. She joined teammates Katelyn Doub and Kaila Craven on the bench, all with knee injuries. Newcomer Anna Perez Gomez was also held out because of an ankle sprain suffered Oct. 30.'

Geez, we lost three, previous-season letter-winners in an exhibition with a DII team? That was truly a meaningless, but expensive win. Kaila Craven is just returning from a medical hardship season stemming from an ACL/MCL blowout in the '16-'17 year's preseason practices. Doub and Story are both seniors. Simply terrible news!

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:07 am

From the article I couldn't tell if the others were injured during the game or whether they were held out because of prior injuries.

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:54 am

Sounds like football and the hamstrings.

bigCasu

Unread post by bigCasu » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:28 am

Katelyn and Kaila are not cleared to play as of yet. There is concern they will never be the players they once were in HS.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:01 am

Torn ACL for Madi.

This team might not win seven games.

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:00 pm

That sucks

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:20 pm

Doesn't WBB practice in Varsity? If so, that floor is a knee killer and may well have something to do with the injuries.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:17 pm

These young women and their courageous coach deserve better. What terrible adversity to overcome with Georgia Tech up first on the schedule.

Godspeed, Madi.

RiversRunsThroughIt

Unread post by RiversRunsThroughIt » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:17 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:01 am
Torn ACL for Madi.

This team might not win seven games.
Thomas,

Did you not go to App? Who are you to make constant digs at ANY ASU program? What gives man? Do you think anyone involved with the program wanted this to happen to Madi? Does Madi’s pain of being named preseason 1st team All-Sun Belt and then finding out her MCL, LCL, and ACL are torn in the same day not register with you? Do you have any idea of what it takes to manage and develop any sports team. It’s easy to just talk about it and chastise what you PERCEIVE to be wrong. Have you ever thought “man, why can’t I get credentials to any App Sporting event....ever? Why am I always trying to catch a glimpse from beyond the fence or up in the stands and never from the media rooms?” Look at your dumb a$$ quote above. YOU’RE ALUMNI! You have to be kidding me! Go report on ETSU like this. You’re clueless!

The post above is exactly right about Varsity Gym. It’s a travesty that our volleyball and basketball teams still have to practice there. Volleyball had the floor tested and the results were appalling. Basically hardwood over asphalt. Both basketball programs have to battle with each other and Volleyball AND class schedules from August until November for practice space. Not to mention there are classes in Varsity until 2pm!!!! It’s insane. There are days where volleyball has their sport court down in Holmes and there are classes in Varsity until 2. Soooo, basketball players have no place to go to work on their game for over half of the day. Ludicrous situation. Facilities at App are an absolute nightmare of which nobody has any idea about. WE NEED A PRACTICE FACILITY! If we expect our basketball programs to compete with the rest of the Sun Belt, this is a must. Especially with programs like Little Rock and Arlington. They do not have football and everything it out back into basketball. The Holmes Center is one of the better facilities in the Sun Belt but the ONLY zone without a true basketball practice facility.

Rant over.

appgrouch
Location: In my seat, waiting for people to shut up and play.

Unread post by appgrouch » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:53 pm

RiversRunsThroughIt wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:17 pm

The post above is exactly right about Varsity Gym. It’s a travesty that our volleyball and basketball teams still have to practice there. Volleyball had the floor tested and the results were appalling. Basically hardwood over asphalt. Both basketball programs have to battle with each other and Volleyball AND class schedules from August until November for practice space. Not to mention there are classes in Varsity until 2pm!!!! It’s insane. There are days where volleyball has their sport court down in Holmes and there are classes in Varsity until 2. Soooo, basketball players have no place to go to work on their game for over half of the day. Ludicrous situation. Facilities at App are an absolute nightmare of which nobody has any idea about. WE NEED A PRACTICE FACILITY! If we expect our basketball programs to compete with the rest of the Sun Belt, this is a must. Especially with programs like Little Rock and Arlington. They do not have football and everything it out back into basketball. The Holmes Center is one of the better facilities in the Sun Belt but the ONLY zone without a true basketball practice facility.

Rant over.
Varsity has concrete with 3/4 maple 3/4 plywood and 3/4 maple on it. The injuries are not happening a VG as much as at the HCC. 90% of the tares come from landing wrong or planting wrong on a cut. The less forgiving surface means more shin splints and tendonitis.

That being said, I agree with the practice facility.
That being said, Crimmins, Robinson and Peterson all went to the NCAA's sharing time in Broome-Kirk and Varsity with classes and intramurals.
That's what I do. I gripe and I know things.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”