Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App @ JMU. BB

Stonewall
School: Appalachian State

Re: App @ JMU. BB

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:19 am

I would have had Shabazz drive and dish , but then we should have won by 15 in regulation. The talent , and potential,rivals our NCAA teams and the greatest choke job in App history-the Minter/DJ Thompson team that beat Wichita State ,there, then later folded up shop in the North Charleston Arena. To further infuriate anyone reading this...take a seat...Buzz would have this team at 5-1 ☠️.Jim has two years , and no one is pulling harder for him than me but he blew this one.

Goapps15

Unread post by Goapps15 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:35 am

Boone Goon wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:32 am
You guys kill me...this team is light years better than the last three! They’re 6 games into this season and you’ve already decided who and what they are going to be come March. ...and you call yourselves App fans. Show up at a game and cheer for OUR team!
Goon in year 4 of a coach you should be beating inferior opponents. I still go to the games but I'm not surprised when things like yesterday occur. People are more or less annoyed because we actually have the talent now. At this point the trends since the end of last year are a coaching problem.

The fan card thing gets old too. Been going to App events since the 90s. No less 2 games this season.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:10 am

I brought my 7 year old son, and picked my 18 year old brother up from high school basketball practice to go down to the game. We were likely the only App State fans in the entire building. I searched hard for other black and gold faithful. We wore our gear loud and proud, and cheered our asses off. I've watched the team on television this year, but wanted to give my support in person. We scored tickets to the hospitality room I drank their shitty free beer that was "On tap" yet already pumped from a keg to a pitcher. It was free, so now going to sound too ungrateful.

As for the game, I saw a lot of what I had already seen on television. All back court and limited front court. JMU had some talent in their back court, and we should have done a better job guarding the three from their shooters. JMU pretty much had one player of size in their front court (Number 12 with dreads) and we didn't try to even get him in foul trouble. He didn't foul out until I believe the second OT. We do have some talent. Would have liked to seen better effort on the boards at times, and the shots at the end of regulation and the first OT could have been much better. As I told my brother, it didn't look like they had anything drawn up other than give the ball to Shabazz.

After the game we we're able to make our way over to the area the team exited the court. I'm 6'4" and my son thinks I'm tall, so I wanted him to see there are giants much taller than me. We stuck our hands out. Got high fives from most of the team and some even stopped briefly for me to tell them to keep their heads up and that it's going to be a better season. I really think Fox doesn't know how to coach the talent he has at times. Some if the personnel he had on the floor at the same time was questionable. We should have won. Hopefully they can get it together for a full 40 minutes on a consistent basis.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”