Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

APP vs Hampton

sttom
School: Appalachian State

Re: APP vs Hampton

Unread post by sttom » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:53 pm

Nothing is ever going to change unless we start filling the stands during home games. Filling the stands is a good thing when there is a recruit in for a visit. At this point you wouldn't want a recruit to visit, it's embarrassing! The students complain but then don't go to the games. We should offer free food from some local restaurants/Sweet Shops, have a rock band play an hour before the game outside, free t-shirts, really good pep band, great halftime shows, class room credit, etc. The arena is awesome so let's fill it up!

App students, do your part!

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:02 pm

I lost all respect for him over his "likes" on his Twitter feed that I forwarded to athletic Dept. Not what anykind of leader of young people should be publicly agreeing to and liking. My guess is he didn't understand that liking posts shows up in your feed just as though when you retweet something.
Last edited by HighlandsApp on Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RollNeers

Unread post by RollNeers » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:25 pm

We’re wasting our years on Ronshad.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:21 pm

HighlandsApp wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:02 pm
I lost all respect for him over his "likes" on his Twitter feed that I forwarded to athletic Dept. Not what anykind of leader of young people should be publicly agreeing to and liking. My guess is he didn't understand that liking posts shows up in your feed just as though when you retweet something.
Can you give specifics on his Twitter likes? I don't use Twitter much but I do follow him it seems. I have not noticed anything, but as little as I do with Twitter I could very easy miss something.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:35 pm

It immediately stopped after I tweeted back to him and athletics. It was political climate during Charlottesville, NFL beginning of season and such. After a few popped up I went through his whole feed of "likes" and it was bad. His "retweets" were generally sports related but "liking" posts from fringe political talking heads that I would think young athletes from varied backgrounds would find demeaning and troubling.

I had chatted with him at several events and really thought I liked him. Turns out I was wrong.

App91

Unread post by App91 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:00 pm

HighlandsApp wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:35 pm
It immediately stopped after I tweeted back to him and athletics. It was political climate during Charlottesville, NFL beginning of season and such. After a few popped up I went through his whole feed of "likes" and it was bad. His "retweets" were generally sports related but "liking" posts from fringe political talking heads that I would think young athletes from varied backgrounds would find demeaning and troubling.

I had chatted with him at several events and really thought I liked him. Turns out I was wrong.

annnnd, here we are, back at politics. unless you want to start the debate, i suggest comments like this are un-necessary...and opinion

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:24 pm

App91 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:00 pm
HighlandsApp wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:35 pm

annnnd, here we are, back at politics. unless you want to start the debate, i suggest comments like this are un-necessary...and opinion
Very true. I was thinking one person's bad is another person's good. HighlandApp did not give enough specifics, and maybe best he doesn't. I suggest anyone interested in the tweets to dig into HighlandApp's post and flip around the support.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:27 pm

Of course it is opinion. I shared that I liked him until I saw these things and I was very surprised. That is my opinion. It isn't that there are people that have the opinions that I was surprised by, but that someone who is in the business of attracting to a program and then mentoring young people would share those ideals on a outward public forum.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:43 am

Bring back the man we should have handed the job to after Houston Fancher......Matt McMahon. I feel players could relate better with someone who has given their all for Appalachian State University on the court as a player.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:37 am

Go ahead and get rid of Fox and let Coach Allison fill in the rest of this season. Fox didn’t even play in high school! He has no feel for the game at all and you can just tell when watching our games. At least Allison recruited all of our top talent, relates with these guys, and was at VMI when they led the nation in scoring all those seasons a few years back. What does App have to lose anyway after these crappy loses and if Fox is probably gone anyway?

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:59 am

Let the season play out. Maybe we get there....but if we don't I can assure you DG has a number or 4 on speed dial to talk to.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:07 am

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:37 am
Go ahead and get rid of Fox and let Coach Allison fill in the rest of this season. Fox didn’t even play in high school! He has no feel for the game at all and you can just tell when watching our games. At least Allison recruited all of our top talent, relates with these guys, and was at VMI when they led the nation in scoring all those seasons a few years back. What does App have to lose anyway after these crappy loses and if Fox is probably gone anyway?
You know that's an idea I've been contemplating since WE LOST TO WESTERN. Where's the Tylenol?

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:13 am

sttom wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:53 pm
Nothing is ever going to change unless we start filling the stands during home games. Filling the stands is a good thing when there is a recruit in for a visit. At this point you wouldn't want a recruit to visit, it's embarrassing! The students complain but then don't go to the games. We should offer free food from some local restaurants/Sweet Shops, have a rock band play an hour before the game outside, free t-shirts, really good pep band, great halftime shows, class room credit, etc. The arena is awesome so let's fill it up!

App students, do your part!
Recruiting isn't the problem.I've been around a long time and I can only remember one team that compared athletically and basketball talent wise.That squad went to the NIT after blowing what should have been a walk through the SOCON tournament.My opinion.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:15 am

HighlandsApp wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:02 pm
"Him" who?

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:33 am

As an aside , there is a "Bobby Lutz" movie coming out .No joke.

Oldlknapp

Unread post by Oldlknapp » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:12 am

As an aside , there is a "Bobby Lutz" movie coming out .No joke.

Ask and ye shall receive:

Enjoy!

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:20 am

I always knew Bobby Lutz looked familiar. It seems he was at Bunker Hill High when I was a freshman. I had forgotten that connection.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:04 pm

BTW, that Hampton team that beat App State by 30+, lost last night by 30+ to UVA.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”