Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

MBB: stAte @ App State HCC 3:30 PM

WataugaMan
School: Appalachian State

Re: MBB: stAte @ App State HCC 3:30 PM

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:18 pm

Once again, Saturday game with an opportunity to spark some interest in the program against what appears to be an inferior team. Once again, unprepared and a collapse. Then some wonder why there is little interest in the program.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:15 pm

What I saw today was garbage.Yeah we made a run against a bad team who took their foot off the pedal but this was a cluster meltdown. Totally unmotivated and unprepared from the first tip. We shoot free throws like a poor middle school team , they tried to give us the game .....

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:58 am

As someone pointed out previously, just when there is a glimmer of hope, we have a performance like this. Interesting as well that Shabazz broke out of his shooting slump but we found other ways to lose a very winnable game. Every game we see a spark of what could be, even in this one, but the mark of this relatively veteran team is that they are consistently inconsistent.

After a 2-0 conference start, we are 2-6 since. The good news is that there are a bunch of us with similar records in the middle of the standings. If, and it's a big if, we can put together something over the remaining conference schedule, we could avoid being in the bottom rung come tourney time. But our record recently against teams beneath us in the standings doesn't give me a lot of confidence.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:59 am

Clearly Coach Fox will get a chance to save his job next year. If we are 10-5ish in our 1st 15 games he will get a 1 year contract extension so recruiting can continue. If he is .500 thru Early Jan there will be no extension and he is gone after the season.

I sure wish the students would try to get behind the program. Don't think it's too much to ask for 3k or better to go to a weekend game. It would make a difference.

Goapps15

Unread post by Goapps15 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:37 am

I am not going to blame attendance until we put a consistent product on the court. We have not been over .500 very often and the product currently is pathetic.

I was there yesterday and it looked like year 1 of a rebuild not year 4.

app97

Unread post by app97 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:58 am

I was there yesterday and was very surprised to see Ark St come out and take it to us like that. Our shooting percentage was better in 2nd half than it’s been in a while, but I dont think anyone would have predicted that ASU would shoot 88% from 3 in the first half. We kept leaving them open and they knocked them down. They were very quick and athletic and played like they had something to prove. I’m pretty sure we were the recipient of the absolute best game they’ve played and something finally clicked. I had no idea that the new ASU coach was from Pitino’s staff. He was very energetic...never sat down and yelled the entire game. His players responded.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:46 am

Goapps15 wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:37 am
I am not going to blame attendance until we put a consistent product on the court. We have not been over .500 very often and the product currently is pathetic.

I'm not blaming attendance for the woes but teams do feed off of crowd energy and good or bad having a few students show up out of 17k is embarrassing.

BurlingtonApp

Unread post by BurlingtonApp » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:06 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:46 am
Goapps15 wrote:

I'm not blaming attendance for the woes but teams do feed off of crowd energy and good or bad having a few students show up out of 17k is embarrassing.
I was there yesterday and students make up easily over half of the crowd. Unfortunately most of them don't sit in the designated student section or make a lot of noise, but the numbers are for sure there.

beav910

Unread post by beav910 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:14 pm

BurlingtonApp wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:06 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:46 am
Goapps15 wrote:

I was there yesterday and students make up easily over half of the crowd. Unfortunately most of them don't sit in the designated student section or make a lot of noise, but the numbers are for sure there.
Adding onto this it’s good we have some signage designating where the student section is but I feel like more signage at entrances denoting where the student sections are might help the problem a little. If I had DGs email I’d let him know but I figured someone on the board probably is in contact with him.
Appalachian State Alumnus :: Graphic Designer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”