Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

MBB @ UTA

Stonewall
School: Appalachian State

Re: MBB @ UTA

Unread post by Stonewall » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:05 pm

Met up with an App legend last night for a refreshment.The guy is a Hall of Famer and I respect his viewpoint. He thinks this is the most athletic and talented team we have ever fielded , at least in his time of five plus decades .I couldn't disagree with him , top to bottom, I think he's right. That's what frustrates me , anyway the won-loss record absolutely has him baffled. "We keep fining a way to lose" He defended Coach Fox but admits that the record speaks for itself. Thinks he will get another year but agrees that short of a winning record next year and strong conference showing , we part ways.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:24 pm

swva appfan wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:23 pm
What do you think hapapp... does Fox get the fifth year or is four enough?
I think he gets his fifth year if for no other reason the finances of the matter.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:25 pm

I think Fox's February record will determine his future. 0-1 so far.

If he doesn't win another game this season, it's over. Beyond that, it depends.

swva appfan

Unread post by swva appfan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:55 pm

Whenever it is please let the next guy be someone who has proven they can win and recruit!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:45 am

AppinVA wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:57 pm
I want to give Fox his full five, although I am quite frustrated at this point in time. I'm wondering if the proposed free transfer rule change might force our hand to make a coaching change this year. We don't want to run the risk of having our next coach come in having to stock a totally empty cupboard should that proposed rule change get passed.

AppinVa, what does the "free transfer rule" mean? Does it mean a player would not have to sit out a year when one transfers from another D-1 school?
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:14 am

NewApp wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:45 am
AppinVA wrote:
I want to give Fox his full five, although I am quite frustrated at this point in time. I'm wondering if the proposed free transfer rule change might force our hand to make a coaching change this year. We don't want to run the risk of having our next coach come in having to stock a totally empty cupboard should that proposed rule change get passed.

AppinVa, what does the "free transfer rule" mean? Does it mean a player would not have to sit out a year when one transfers from another D-1 school?
Yep.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:32 am

AppinVA wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:14 am
NewApp wrote:
AppinVA wrote:

Yep.
That only applies if the coach leaves school A for school B and the athlete transfers to any school but school B. Face it, most athletes that transfer go to school because of the coach not the school.
Bring Your A Game!

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:48 am

huskie3 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:32 am
AppinVA wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:14 am
NewApp wrote:
AppinVA wrote:

Yep.
That only applies if the coach leaves school A for school B and the athlete transfers to any school but school B. Face it, most athletes that transfer go to school because of the coach not the school.
Instead of 350 choices which to transfer, an athlete would have 349. I feel better.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:52 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:05 pm
Met up with an App legend last night for a refreshment.The guy is a Hall of Famer and I respect his viewpoint. He thinks this is the most athletic and talented team we have ever fielded , at least in his time of five plus decades .I couldn't disagree with him , top to bottom, I think he's right. That's what frustrates me , anyway the won-loss record absolutely has him baffled. "We keep fining a way to lose" He defended Coach Fox but admits that the record speaks for itself. Thinks he will get another year but agrees that short of a winning record next year and strong conference showing , we part ways.
It boils down to the fact that we are a poor shooting team. We do a lot of other things better than we use to, which has kept us in a lot of games, but we can’t consistently close because we can’t shoot.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”