Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

APP @ UALR 2/24

T-Dog

Re: APP @ ULAR 2/24

Unread post by T-Dog » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:11 pm

FYI, here's the preseason coaches poll.

1 UTA 128 (9)
2 Georgia State 116(1)
3 Troy 115 (1)
4 Georgia Southern 114
5 Louisiana 113 (1)
6 Texas State 71
7 Arkansas State 68
8 Coastal Carolina 67
9 South Alabama 43
10 Little Rock 37
11 Appalachian State 35
12 ULM 28

DenverOfTheEast
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:36 am

Picked to finish 11th and end up finishing in the top half of the Sun Belt is huge! This is a talented basketball league with a lot of parody, just look at how many close games we’ve lost, the margins are razor thin.

With one of the best recruiters/closers in the southeast on our bench, the future of ASU Basketball looks promising, just need to find a way to win more games in crunch time.

Sweep the Chants at home Saturday and the Apps have some momentum going into the Sun Belt tournament the following week. Nothing like having “Big Mo” on your side this time of year!

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:11 am

yosefederation wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:40 pm
Go Mountaineers! If you said we would finish 5th -7th in SunBelt regular season, would have said you were a dreamer!
You could still be dreaming. We have to beat Coastal first. We could still finish outside the top 7. The sad thing is what if...Of course, every team can create those scenarios but reverse three of those games we lost very late and we could easily be third or fourth. That's both hopeful and depressing at the same time.

app97

Unread post by app97 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:25 am

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:36 am
Picked to finish 11th and end up finishing in the top half of the Sun Belt is huge! This is a talented basketball league with a lot of parody, just look at how many close games we’ve lost, the margins are razor thin.

With one of the best recruiters/closers in the southeast on our bench, the future of ASU Basketball looks promising, just need to find a way to win more games in crunch time.

Sweep the Chants at home Saturday and the Apps have some momentum going into the Sun Belt tournament the following week. Nothing like having “Big Mo” on your side this time of year!
pretty sure you mean parity, not parody, although there might be a fair amount of that in the sun belt as well :)

also, who is this "recruiter/closer" you mention?

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:36 am

I have higher aspirations than mediocrity , although I'm not certain that we have achieved that yet.

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:10 am

Stonewall wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:36 am
I have higher aspirations than mediocrity , although I'm not certain that we have achieved that yet.

Your post made me think of this clip. :lol:

SpeedkingATL

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:18 am

The program isn't where we want it yet but it is showing progress. Maybe App can rattle a cage or two in the Belt Tourney this year.

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:38 pm

app97 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:25 am
DenverOfTheEast wrote:

pretty sure you mean parity, not parody, although there might be a fair amount of that in the sun belt as well :)

My bad! Meant ‘PARITY’ but yes, the Sun Belt IMO is an underrated basketball conference nationally.

The recruiter on our bench would be none other than Jason Allison. The guy flat out gets it done. He’s probably signed 65-75% of our roster, including Bazz and the Delph kid from Kings Mountain coming next season who is going to fit perfectly into our offense. He got it done at VMI before joining the ASU staff. High school and AAU coaches from Florida to Maryland know this guy because he’s been on the trail for so long but he specializes in NC, SC, GA, and VA kids. We’re lucky to have him in Boone boys.

app97

Unread post by app97 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:41 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:38 pm
app97 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:25 am
DenverOfTheEast wrote:

My bad! Meant ‘PARITY’ but yes, the Sun Belt IMO is an underrated basketball conference nationally.

The recruiter on our bench would be none other than Jason Allison. The guy flat out gets it done. He’s probably signed 65-75% of our roster, including Bazz and the Delph kid from Kings Mountain coming next season who is going to fit perfectly into our offense. He got it done at VMI before joining the ASU staff. High school and AAU coaches from Florida to Maryland know this guy because he’s been on the trail for so long but he specializes in NC, SC, GA, and VA kids. We’re lucky to have him in Boone boys.
That’s who I figured you were referring to. I’ve heard he’s a good recruiter, and got some guys to VMI that normally wouldn’t sign there, but VMI was pretty much always in the cellar of the socon as far as wins/losses. I hope we continue improving with this staff. I would almost rather see slow/steady progress instead of immediate and then have the staff leave for greener pastures. We shall see...

Stonewall

Re: APP @ UALR 2/24

Unread post by Stonewall » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:07 am

VMI? VMI? This sickens me.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:16 am

Actually when Allison was at VMI, they had their best teams since the days of Bynum, Carter, and Montgomery. They won 20 games twice during his time at the Institute and made the finals of the SoCon tournament three times. Actually, since his departure the Keydets have fallen on bad times. He is by the most valuable person on Fox's bench. Don't let his VMI association fool you, he can recruit.

app97

Unread post by app97 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:29 am

hapapp wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:16 am
Actually when Allison was at VMI, they had their best teams since the days of Bynum, Carter, and Montgomery. They won 20 games twice during his time at the Institute and made the finals of the SoCon tournament three times. Actually, since his departure the Keydets have fallen on bad times. He is by the most valuable person on Fox's bench. Don't let his VMI association fool you, he can recruit.
Little did I know. Thanks for the info. For some reason the only thing that sticks out in my mind is that they led the country in scoring a few times with the high paced/pressure style that Dugger Baucom ran.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”