Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Ethan Joyce WSJ: MBB media day, back court options and...

asu66
School: Appalachian State

Ethan Joyce WSJ: MBB media day, back court options and...

Unread post by asu66 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:11 pm

If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

87ASUgrad

Re: Ethan Joyce WSJ: MBB media day, back court options and...

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:20 pm

Thanks asu66. I could not get the link to work for me, so went to the site and copied & pasted here below.

APPALACHIAN STATE BASKETBALL
A busy week around App State athletics
Thank goodness for this week.
For one, there's a football game Saturday. I straight-up hated covering a game on a Tuesday at 8 p.m., even though it's always fun to go to a stadium I've never seen before. By the time I hit the Thursday nighter against Georgia Southern next week, I'm going to be very much over it. I like to keep things uniform, just like the football team. Thank goodness there are straight Saturdays after that.
But the main reason this is a great week? Because I've been busy. On top of the football team's normal routine, the men's and women's basketball teams held their media days. Everything's happy in the preseason, and that rings true this year, too. But both teams have reason to feel promising.
The men bring back many contributors from last year's team, include guard Ronshad Shabazz. He should be a contender for Sun Belt player of the year if his offseason improvements ring true. And the women's team, in what is one of the most ridiculous stats anywhere, loses no one who played on last year's team. I'll write more on them at the front of next week.
Their seasons start in early November, which is when things get crazy for athletics departments — and sportswriters — all over the country.
The promise of basketball season is compounded by the rising national attention the football program is gaining. App State easily handled Arkansas State, 35-9, last Tuesday in a matchup of preseason conference favorites. The point totals in the AP and coaches polls continues to grow for the Mountaineers.
Saturday will be the first game without star running back Jalin Moore, who broke and dislocated his ankle against the Red Wolves. Darrynton Evans becomes App State's top backfield threat, and he's ready to take on that role.
Lastly, with Louisiana coach and former Furman quarterback Billy Napier back in Boone, something had to be written about "The Miracle on the Mountain," which featured the Mountaineers returning an interception on a Paladins' 2-point conversion attempt, led by Napier. App State won that 2002 matchup, 16-15, on one of the more notable plays in program history.
I wasn't able to talk with Napier this week, but I did talk with Scott Satterfield and a few of the players about that game. A couple of Mountaineers hadn't ever watched the play until I pulled it up on my phone. Others were slightly aware of it. All those guys were babies when it happened, so it made for entertaining reactions.
That story will come out Friday afternoon, giving you plenty of time to check it out for the game.
Take care and thanks for reading,
Ethan
ejoyce@wsjournal.com
Give Em Hell!!

asu66

Re: Ethan Joyce WSJ: MBB media day, back court options and...

Unread post by asu66 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:55 pm

Thanx to you, 87ASUgrad. I'm usually on auto-pilot to check links that I post. My bad on this one.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”