Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

MBB vs Ball State at 11am on ESPN3

roachgone
School: Appalachian State

Re: MBB vs Ball State at 11am on ESPN3

Unread post by roachgone » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:38 pm

Any wonder why we can’t get students to games. We are a painful team to watch. Like Fox but he needs a BIG turn around fast!

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:46 pm

But don't worry everyone, this is the year we turn it all around...

CharlotteApp05

Unread post by CharlotteApp05 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:41 pm

I love college basketball. And even here in ACC country,I pledge my loyalty to ASU. I'm a member of Yosef, but If I'm being honest, I only make it to 1-2 games a year, but always try to watch when they are on tv or espn3. Check scores, follow recruiting etc.

So I consider myself a fan, not someone who is just talking smack on a message board. And yet, It is really hard to watch ASU basketball. It is painful, the lack of concentration on free throws (which is even more frustrating because we are actually good at getting to the free throw line). We don't play ISO well, we don't move well without the ball, we aren't great shooters, we don't run the pick and roll well, we play lackadaisical defense. In short we have no identity. It looks the exact same as Capel. Literally to me no difference. Under Buzz I once got behind the idea that ASU was unique in that we had "switching defensive schemes", where we would play zone on one possession and then press the next. We had a brand.

Not going to change my fansship, just calling it like I see it, Fox will never be successful here and the sooner our leadership realizes it, then we can move on.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:50 pm

The problem this year hasn't been our shooting %, as we sit at 48% on the year. We are also hitting 42% of our threes. It has, as been stated, the inconsistent play especially at the foul line that has kept this team winless in games against D1 foes. Of course, we're averaging 17.5 turnovers/game against D1 competition. That's a prescription for trouble for sure. I do think there is enough talent to be successful, if we can find some consistency.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:00 pm

We have consistently made mental errors at crucial times... turnovers, poor shot selection, giving up easy baskets, the past few years. These last two games have been repeats of those seasons. These games were very winnable .Bottom line is that we underachieve , based on my assessment of our physical talent level.0-4.

CharlotteApp05

Unread post by CharlotteApp05 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:22 pm

If a tree falls in the forest........

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”