Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Can we finally admit Fox is not the answer?

Seattleapp
School: Appalachian State

Can we finally admit Fox is not the answer?

Unread post by Seattleapp » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:14 pm

Watching this team tonight, it's all too apparent, they are not well coached. Cannot box out, play suspect defense. The collapse at the end illustrated this so brilliantly. The one on three take, the 30 footer three when down by one. It's easy to blame the players, but they have zero coaching. We are no better tonight than we were the first day Fox took over.

HighlandsApp

Re: Can we finally admit Fox is not the answer?

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:16 pm

Fox has never been the answer....

JohnnyBurrito

Unread post by JohnnyBurrito » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:16 pm

Yeah that was rough...we seem to have more talent than in precious years, but the results are the same.

GoBoone

Unread post by GoBoone » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:17 pm

Ok. I admit it

JohnnyBurrito

Unread post by JohnnyBurrito » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:20 pm

Wasn’t he just extended?

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:20 pm

Bad! We have talent and no coaching! We lost that game because we were just worst than they were!

JohnnyBurrito

Unread post by JohnnyBurrito » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:20 pm

Wasn’t he just extended?

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:20 pm

I have one who graduated a year ago and three other kids at App State only one of them have ever been to a men's basketball game. I've tried to get them to go but they just laugh and they said all students just laugh at the program. We now have a campus culture to laugh at a major program

They've gone to womens games and lots of other events but even the students know our men's basketball program is nothing but a joke. The attendance is greater at intramural games than for our actual men's basketball games.
Last edited by HighlandsApp on Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AppOrange

Unread post by AppOrange » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:22 pm

Not sure I agree with that yet. That coach fox team looked really good for 32 minutes, dominated actually. I do agree Fox has to figure out a way to get a big man who can play D and rebound, and two, FFS, put a team away at the end. We are not tough enough inside, at all, guys getting bodied and pushed out of the way like ragdolls.

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:24 pm

I feel if we had one a couple of those close games earlier, tonight would be different.

But as it stands, yes

HBTApps

Unread post by HBTApps » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:24 pm

So we play a bunch of above average teams and then get screwed at the end of the game. Did you have this typed up before the end with a smile on your face?? Offensive goaltending and your first complaint is the coach. How about be a true fan. We are showing promise. But haters are always going to hate.

I know that is not the start but what for are you as a fan complaining every single game... I'm sure that you are a huge help building support for our program with your negativity. What's your goal???

Rant over

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:29 pm

HBTApps wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:24 pm
So we play a bunch of above average teams and then get screwed at the end of the game. Did you have this typed up before the end with a smile on your face?? Offensive goaltending and your first complaint is the coach. How about be a true fan. We are showing promise. But haters are always going to hate.

I know that is not the start but what for are you as a fan complaining every single game... I'm sure that you are a huge help building support for our program with your negativity. What's your goal???

Rant over
Say what you want. This was really bad basketball on many fronts! I watched the entire game.

CheckYosef94

Unread post by CheckYosef94 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:33 pm

We are better now than we were when Fox first took over. He Who Must Not Be Named left us in a deep hole. Fox did a great job fixing the academic problem and getting our players on the right track. However, it pains me to say this because I have a massive amount of respect for Fox I think he has taken us as far as he can.
The mountains are calling and I must go

JohnnyBurrito

Unread post by JohnnyBurrito » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:34 pm

HBTApps wrote:

Rant over
ECU isn’t above average.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:34 pm

HBTApps wrote:

Rant over
Dude how long have you been watching our team? Or basketball in general? The failed box out at the end then the dumbest 3 pointer ever are coaching plain and simple. When's the last time you saw a team like Virginia or hell Furman have so many mental errors. Yeah we were winning for a long a long time in this game, until it mattered. Then we played brain dead basketball. It cracks me up how some people still cling to the showing promise argument.

AppOrange

Unread post by AppOrange » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:37 pm

mountaineerman wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:29 pm
HBTApps wrote:

Rant over
Say what you want. This was really bad basketball on many fronts! I watched the entire game.
I thought it was good basketball (minus the soft biggs) for most of the game. Fox didn't miss the free throws, didn't call those 2 atrocious calls, but does still lack the ability to pull the leavers and win a close one. With all that said, super pissed right now, I really thought we would win anyway, but no.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:40 pm

47-83 as a head coach after four, working on his fifth season. Six of those 47 came against DII/DIII teams. I trust DG when it comes to most things, but I didn't agree with the extension. I know we aren't a high caliber program, but I think it's time to realize we are wasting time with Fox.

The way the JMU game last year was handled at the end of regulation and in OT was the final straw for me. Watched in person as what appeared to be the only App State fan, and I just shook my damn head walking out of their glorified high school gym.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:41 pm

JohnnyBurrito wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:34 pm
HBTApps wrote:

Rant over
ECU isn’t above average.
Correct. They are below average....

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:42 pm

I have serious concerns about Fox's leadership. I don't see player improvement. All I see is a angry Long Islander yelling at a bunch of southern boys and making them lose their love of the sport.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:42 pm

It is a shame we have wasted the talent of one of the top five App basketball players.

Thanks to Fox for getting App out of the hole as we have talent now and another solid class coming in, but yes this is bad basketball and the lack of fundamentals down the stretch time and time again has gone on too long.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”