Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Yet Another Blown Opportunity #FireJimFox

BeersCheersNeers
School: Appalachian State

Yet Another Blown Opportunity #FireJimFox

Unread post by BeersCheersNeers » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:31 pm

Another opportunity for a statement game that was easily winnable....blown by a coach and team that repeats the same mistakes over and over.

Coach Fox should be making them run a lap for every god-awful shot they throw up at the basket when there are clearly open guys. There were about 5 airballs, and multiple in a row by the same people.

We also have to understand that we really suck at playing man defense, especially in time-crunch situations like the end of the second half tonight. The other teams are so much better at moving about and making plays than us, and it makes us look stupid as we struggle to stick to our assigned man.

Shabazz is good, but he needs to get better at looking around when the other team learns to double-team him. Bibby was good, and I look forward to seeing what he can do in conference play.

This was a totally winnable game that we blew....again. Something has to change, and I think we all know what it is. The talent is there, but we don't know what to do with it.

#FireJimFox

87ASUgrad

Re: Yet Another Blown Opportunity #FireJimFox

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:50 pm

I agree that That loss is another one that hurt, but lets not freak out too much until conference play starts.
Give Em Hell!!

HBTApps

Unread post by HBTApps » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:02 pm

You people are just the worst.

HBTApps

Unread post by HBTApps » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:04 pm

You sound like southern fans... Yes, I know that's the worst kind of insult.
It hurts me worse than it hurts you to say things like this.
I'm not mad at you, just disappointed.

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:08 pm

BeersCheersNeers wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:31 pm
Another opportunity for a statement game that was easily winnable....blown by a coach and team that repeats the same mistakes over and over.

Coach Fox should be making them run a lap for every god-awful shot they throw up at the basket when there are clearly open guys. There were about 5 airballs, and multiple in a row by the same people.

We also have to understand that we really suck at playing man defense, especially in time-crunch situations like the end of the second half tonight. The other teams are so much better at moving about and making plays than us, and it makes us look stupid as we struggle to stick to our assigned man.

Shabazz is good, but he needs to get better at looking around when the other team learns to double-team him. Bibby was good, and I look forward to seeing what he can do in conference play.

This was a totally winnable game that we blew....again. Something has to change, and I think we all know what it is. The talent is there, but we don't know what to do with it.

#FireJimFox
Hell yeah! WE shoulduh scored more points if we wanted to win!!!! We Neeers deserve more from our basquitball teem and coach. Did coach not njo we needed more points than georgiastown? I you dawnt agree with me, thein your clearly a moran. #ihave3posts #neeeeeers #iremembermyfirstbeeer #gocopulateyourself

yikas1

Unread post by yikas1 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:10 pm

This thread is just low.

appvette

Unread post by appvette » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:11 pm

You say it was winnable, but don't give credit to Fox for elevating the program to where we can compete with Georgetown in the first place.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:44 pm

appvette wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:11 pm
You say it was winnable, but don't give credit to Fox for elevating the program to where we can compete with Georgetown in the first place.
But is that saying much considering Georgetown hasn't had a winning record since 2014-2015? We're not talking about competing with Big East title contenders Georgetown, we're talking likely another bottom feeder Georgetown.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”