Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Avoid Like the Plague

EastHallApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Avoid Like the Plague

Unread post by EastHallApp » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:33 pm

So I wasn't familiar with Cross. But looking him up on Google, it seems really weird that they fired him and apparently only gave the "time for new leadership" explanation. Last three seasons were 24-11, 27-9, 21-13. Hadn't made the NCAA Tournament since 2008, but had the team at or near the top of the conference a few times (also while moving up in competition from the Southland to WAC to Sun Belt). Wonder if there was a personal conflict with the AD or they just got impatient?

He appears to be a Texas lifer, so I don't know if we'd be a good fit. But he sounds like he should be a HC somewhere. I'd agree he's worth a call.

Yosef84

Re: Avoid Like the Plague

Unread post by Yosef84 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:51 pm

Didn't UTA have turnover in their AD? The new guy came in with an agenda and supposedly had a deal already made through his buddy network. I might be remembering incorrectly. When UTA lost in the conference tournament, the AD pulled the trigger. Pretty ridiculous. Nevermind. A quick check shows Baker has been AD since 2011.

Finding things that have never been done for App Basketball would provide a LOT of low hanging goals for a guy like him. Maybe try taking the Apps past the first round of a playoff.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”