Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

UTC

asumike83
School: Appalachian State

Re: UTC

Unread post by asumike83 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:23 am

cbarrier90 wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
Okay. Got it. Everything's just peachy
No, but it's far from the worst time in program history. You complain about inconsistencies and such while sporting a signature of a man who did plenty of underachieving in his day. We gave Fancher 9 seasons and he finished 1 game over .500 for his career with a few teams that should have made the dance but failed. This is Capel's 3rd, and he has plenty of time to turn it around. This isn't football where you get one game a week to prove your worth.
You are missing one key point: this is either the worst time in program history or everything is peachy. Those are the ONLY options!

Appsolutely

Unread post by Appsolutely » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:03 am

It can't be that hard to break a freaking full-court press. If UTC had begun pressing earlier in the game, we probably would have lost by 20. I like Neal, but it would be nice if we could move him to the 2 guard. We still lack court leadership from a true point guard.
"I’ve always said the program is bigger than me, any one player or any one coach."--Scott Satterfield

asumike83

Unread post by asumike83 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:08 am

I would have liked to see one of the frontcourt players take a seat so that Neal and Burgess could be on the floor together once they started pressing us. Having another ball handler on the court could have made a difference.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:11 am

Last night was for venting and I certainly did. I must confess to be such a poor fan that I turned the game after regulation. I just couldn't stand to watch any more of the meltdown. I do agree that we have to remember that we are likely on the roller coaster for the rest of the season. We will likely secure a few good wins and some more disappointing losses. In the end, however, I do wish the best for these guys and I have seen some signs that these guys can play the game. This isn't about whether one likes the coach or not. This is about supporting the team. It's not always easy but when the dust settles we need to remember that.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:13 am

asumike83 wrote:I would have liked to see one of the frontcourt players take a seat so that Neal and Burgess could be on the floor together once they started pressing us. Having another ball handler on the court could have made a difference.
Those were my thoughts as well. We needed the best ball handlers in the game.

I do agree we have to find a way to beat the press because we are likely to see it from here on out. It seems our guys have a proclivity for dribbling into the corner and getting double teamed. Either we aren't doing what is being taught, or we aren't coaching how to beat the press.

eggers76

Unread post by eggers76 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:07 am

Appsolutely wrote:It can't be that hard to break a freaking full-court press. If UTC had begun pressing earlier in the game, we probably would have lost by 20. I like Neal, but it would be nice if we could move him to the 2 guard. We still lack court leadership from a true point guard.

This. I agree that point guard is where we need the most help. We have to take care of the ball better. Monday's game was better than last Saturday's game from a turnover perspective but in the second half last night we reverted back to sloppy ball handling. I hope we have this taken care of in next years Freshmen class becuase it appears to me that our talent level is rising. I hope and it looks like to me we have things moving in the right direction.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:07 pm

We are bringing in two PGs in next year's class.

Appsolutely

Unread post by Appsolutely » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:17 pm

Saint3333 wrote:We are bringing in two PGs in next year's class.
If either of them is legit, that will change things. What do we know about either of the two PG recruits? Reading between the lines, I guess Devonte Graham is supposed to be the better of the two. (?)
"I’ve always said the program is bigger than me, any one player or any one coach."--Scott Satterfield

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:30 pm

Hope you're right, and I will be more than happy to eat my crow feather hat, but I don't see it happening.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”