Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

MBB: App State @ CCU 2 PM HTC Center, Conway, SC

ASU3432Mi
School: Appalachian State

Re: MBB: App State @ CCU 2 PM HTC Center, Conway, SC

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:03 pm

Three pointer ruined college basketball for me and may have severely damaged Fox teams.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:28 pm

ASU3432Mi wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:03 pm
Three pointer ruined college basketball for me and may have severely damaged Fox teams.
I think the three point line is good for the game. Gives teams a chance to stay in a game late or catch up with runs. The problem is that kids see deep threes from the greats like Curry, LeBron, KD, etc. and that's all they ever want to do. Or they go for the next viral video dunk. The mid-range game and ball movement have pretty much gone away. It's all drive or shoot threes, with a lot of isolation (See the last 5 minutes of most of our games) and coaches don't do much of the traditional motions. I went to a local high school game recently and a 6'7" sophomore was in the paint on offense for probably only 15% of the time. His coach seemed to have no issue with it.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:26 pm

app97 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:55 pm
tjpappy wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:42 pm
EastHallApp wrote: I don’t know if Fox is really focused as much on showcasing Shabazz as people think, but if he is then he’s doing a bad job of it.

Agreed- I don't really get the line of thinking that the problem is that Shabazz is being groomed for the next level. I don't see it. Nobody looks good right now. However, I know there are those with inside info and I have none.

It just seems familiar that some blame the most productive player on the team for holding the team back. I recall the same thing when Frank Eaves was on the team. If that is the case, then I would look at the coaches...How are they not seeing the detrimental effects of things that seem so clear to others.
Let us know when you have the answer. It’s as if zero adjustments have been made
Great question for our former , and perhaps current assistants under Fox. And I’ve asked it. He listens to no one,in fact it was said he shuts down at times. His mind is made up then facts be whatever , it’s his way or the highway. To be clear I’m not in the locker room and don’t really know the man , this is just what I’ve been told. For what it’s worth.

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:12 am

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:28 pm
ASU3432Mi wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:03 pm
I think the three point line is good for the game. Gives teams a chance to stay in a game late or catch up with runs. The problem is that kids see deep threes from the greats like Curry, LeBron, KD, etc. and that's all they ever want to do. Or they go for the next viral video dunk. The mid-range game and ball movement have pretty much gone away. It's all drive or shoot threes, with a lot of isolation (See the last 5 minutes of most of our games) and coaches don't do much of the traditional motions. I went to a local high school game recently and a 6'7" sophomore was in the paint on offense for probably only 15% of the time. His coach seemed to have no issue with it.
I too think the 3 pointer is good for the game. The simple fact of the matter is that you will never see a national championship won by a team who can only shoot 3's. The best teams in America still win with balanced offenses and stellar D. We have had neither under Fox, PERIOD. And it doesn't matter whether you have McDonalds All Americans or not that is how you win basketball games.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”