Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Basketball - Black and gold team....rest of the season.

Stonewall
School: Appalachian State

Re: Basketball - Black and gold team....rest of the season.

Unread post by Stonewall » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:00 am

If it isn't his idea it ain't going to happen.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:09 pm

WASU 93 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:40 pm
It's really not a ridiculous idea. Dean Smith used to run a Blue and White Team in the 70's. Midway through the first half, all 5 starters would be subbed out and the reserves "Blue" would come in and play with energy for 2-4 minutes. Then, the starters would return and finish the half strong.

What it would accomplish:
1. Chemistry is built with the second unit.
2. At least 10 players get meaningful minutes at key times in the first half.
3. The opponent is worn down, while the starters get some rest. Then, the starters can finish the half out strong.
4. The starters could regroup, just like offenses and defenses do in football.

At this point, why not? He's not talking about benching the starters, just sharing some minutes via wholesale substitution.
This is exactly what I was talking about....I did not mean it as a punishment for seniors. I would just like to see something "new" tried.

AppMom3

Unread post by AppMom3 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:09 pm

While they didn’t win and there were definitely some shot selections need the end that could/should have been different. I believe that this shows that the seniors and the team hasn’t “quit” on anyone. They play very hard start to finish. Bennett Holley has one of his better games and played aggressive and with an intensity that gave them a spark. Hope he gets more PT. Tyrell also played w energy and had some great minutes. Need more production from our bigs. If we can That will definitely help Ronshad and Justin have easier looks at the basket. Isaac solid as usual! Our defense was great in the first half but needed to sustain that in the 2nd and we MUST do a better jobs w our guards on the boards. rebounding and defense takes effort NOT talent. Bennett showed that effort can keep you in a game. Good to see. Gotta be tough for the guys but O believe that can turn this around for the remainder of the season if they just kick it up one more notch! Not giving up on this team. I wish you all wouldn’t either. At least don’t need to be personal or cruel! Disappointing to see some of these comments. The guys are representing our school well and are great kids. Want them to have success. We need to support them! Come on App fans stop !itching and start supporting! Ok My PSA rant is over!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”