Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

MBB Vs. ULM @ 2pm on 2Feb19 at The HCC

asu66
School: Appalachian State

Re: MBB Vs. ULM @ 2pm on 2Feb19 at The HCC

Unread post by asu66 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:05 pm

In any one-point win, just about every player in the rotation of the winning team can be singled out for "the" single play that won the game for the good guys. There were several in today's game. For instance, take away just one of Justin Forrest's treys and it's a two-point win for ULM or take away Mike Bibby's lone trey and we still lose by two, take away...you get the idea.

Then's there's starting forward Hunter Seacat. Double-teamed early and frustrated because his mates couldn't get him the ball in the paint, the big guy settled into the role of spot contributor. When he was subbed in for the last 1:44 of the game, Seacat had been held scoreless but had netted two boards, two assists and two steals in about 12 minutes on the court. Not shabby, but easy to miss in the scorebook.

At 00.11 on the clock after some back and forth play, Seacat was fouled in a rebounding scrum under the ULM basket taking a hard shot to his left eye and nose. While he was being checked by the App trainer, the refs looked at the video replay. Their call was for a common foul which awarded him a one plus bonus FT attempt. With 00.11 remaining in the contest (and with the Apps clinging to an 84-83 lead), the still groggy Seacat stepped to the line and missed. The rebound went to ULM. The Warhawks game-leading scorer, Michael Ertel, took a pass and drove downcourt for what he thought would be a game-winning snowbird. Not exactly. Just to Ertel's right, Seacat matched his stride, swooped down and blocked the shot just as the horn sounded. Apps win!

#Impact defensive play-of-the-game. Take away that block and the Warhawks would have feasted on steaks tonight instead of cold pizza.
Last edited by asu66 on Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

87ASUgrad

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:14 pm

That was a fun time at The HCC today. A lot bigger and louder crowd than the last time we attended a game this year. The guys looked like they were having a good time too. Good win streak. Lets keep it going!
Give Em Hell!!

swva appfan

Unread post by swva appfan » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:31 pm

They are who we thought they were! -Dennis Green

Not going to take any thunder away from the streak however I'm still seeing things from the sidelines that concern me. Someone on this board said we should watch what we say because of the kids on the team but I haven't personally seen anyone knock the kids here but I'm proud of this message board for lighting a fire under someone's butt! Oh and... thanks to ULM for the very delicious free Zaxby's sandwich today.

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:59 pm

I can't imagine how passive aggressive and backhanded some of you are on your precious social media accounts.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:04 pm

After the win, Fox spent a couple minutes talking to the band and thanking them to their support. The pep band has been awesome this season.

Also, beforehand Fox gave the student who got thrown out on Thursday a jersey. Take that Bob Marlin and your stupid kid Nemo!

ncman071

Unread post by ncman071 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:24 am

well this is finally the team we have been waiting for. can we turn it around? can we get enough wins in the last 9 to find a winning conference record? i sure hope so. i like fox. if we can finish say 11-7 in conference play and make it to sunbelt title game that might just save his job. one thing for sure is i am very proud of these kids. they have NOT given up and are fighting. Now they might just have a little much needed confidence. Go Apps!!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:37 am

I’ve not changed my opinion of the need for a coaching change.

Arsenal App

Unread post by Arsenal App » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:06 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:37 am
I’ve not changed my opinion of the need for a coaching change.
Neither have I. There's still a long way to go in this season. We've shown we can compete on occasion in the Sun Belt. We need to show we can contend.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:59 am

The upcoming Texas swing will be telling about this team going forward. The Apps then return home to face three teams at the top of the league. The next five games could either make or break the season.

AppDawg

Unread post by AppDawg » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:22 pm

ncman071 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:24 am
well this is finally the team we have been waiting for. can we turn it around? can we get enough wins in the last 9 to find a winning conference record? i sure hope so. i like fox. if we can finish say 11-7 in conference play and make it to sunbelt title game that might just save his job. one thing for sure is i am very proud of these kids. they have NOT given up and are fighting. Now they might just have a little much needed confidence. Go Apps!!
May be an unpopular statement on this board, but I attribute a significant chunk of this to coaching.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:42 pm

The staff is coaching for their jobs,the players have strong relationships with some of the coaches,to quote a phrase “a fire has been lit”. There’s more but that’s all I’m saying regarding that. We beat two decent Sunbelt teams back to back in the fashion I think we needed , one blowout one nail biter. The team should learn a lot from both. Now some really tough games are in the offing. I watched Tex State and UTA last night. Seen every team play at least parts of games. We have the talent to whip these guys ,even on the road. Forrest,Shabazz along with Johnson and Johnson I believe are as talented as anybody in this league .Therein lies the frustration.Just win baby!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”