Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Any thoughts on who the new head basketball coach might be bringing in as his assistants?

asu66
School: Appalachian State

Re: Any thoughts on who the new head basketball coach might be bringing in as his assistants?

Unread post by asu66 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:15 pm

The Rock wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:15 am
Gonzo wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:02 am
I’m growing impatient too, but I was talking to Big C the other day and he brought up a few interesting points. Any potential new coach is still coaching. Most leagues are still in their conference tournaments. Gillen probably wants to limit the amount of time in which we have no head coach to avoid transfers as much as we can.

But I don’t think him being in NoLa for the women is a factor. He can work remotely on the men’s team and I’m sure he is.
Not the case if Bobby Lutz is begging to coach here as was stated in another thread about this.
But I'm sure other candidates will be interviewed that we may well be waiting on to finish their seasons.

The Bobby Lutz "thing" is fake news. We've already had a posting of a published article in which Lutz was quoted as saying that he's retired and will not coach again.

Now if DG gets involved and mutual interest evolves from out-of-no-where, we could do a lot worse. I would hasten to point out that Lutz resides at LKN, and the weather differences are extreme at least five months a year. Another factoid is that Lutz is already 65. Not sure either party will get into a discussion outside of an agent v. university legal counsel...if that.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

Stonewall

Re: Any thoughts on who the new head basketball coach might be bringing in as his assistants?

Unread post by Stonewall » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:19 pm

The Rock wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:14 am
hapapp wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:34 am
I'm not convinced that there will be a firing.
I'm not either. DG seems to be a thoughtful and calculating person. He gave Fox a 2 year extension. Does he think 2 years is the right amount of time to accurately judge the direction of Fox's program?
No , but five years is plenty.

festus105

Unread post by festus105 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:52 pm

I would not count out interest from Bobby Lutz no matter what he has said before. I truly believe he'd like one more opportunity to be a head coach if it was the right situation for him. I would hope that we would at least talk to him, if we haven't already.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”