Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

UNCG & NC State Game

MountaineerChemist10
School: Appalachian State

UNCG & NC State Game

Unread post by MountaineerChemist10 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:44 am

Anyone interested in going to the UNCG/App in Gboro or NC State/App game in Raleigh? Dates are 11/18 & 12/29.

beav910

Re: UNCG & NC State Game

Unread post by beav910 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:57 pm

I’m going with some friends who went to NC State I think
Appalachian State Alumnus :: Graphic Designer

scatman77

Unread post by scatman77 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:00 pm

App @ NCSU.....I hope Wittenberg is there and he comes down with explosive diarrhea. Then I hope Wade Capehart is there to look at him and grin; maybe offer him some single-ply strikin' paper.

Those of you who remember Wade and the game in Raleigh in December 1981 will know why I say this.
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:09 pm

I'm going to try to go to these

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:29 pm

scatman77 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:00 pm
App @ NCSU.....I hope Wittenberg is there and he comes down with explosive diarrhea. Then I hope Wade Capehart is there to look at him and grin; maybe offer him some single-ply strikin' paper.

Those of you who remember Wade and the game in Raleigh in December 1981 will know why I say this.
I think I recall what you're referring to. Didn't Witteberg undercut Wade causing a
pretty bad injury? Wasn't that the year we beat Duke?

scatman77

Unread post by scatman77 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:39 pm

Rick83 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:29 pm
scatman77 wrote:

I think I recall what you're referring to. Didn't Witteberg undercut Wade causing a
Yes and yes. We'd beaten Duke 75-70 earlier and rolled into Raleigh feeling pretty good. Wade went in for a layup and Wittenberg undercut him. When he hit the floor he ended up with a collapsed lung and out for the season. He was red-shirted but we missed a key starter for the rest of the season and never could quite recover from his loss. Neat thing about Wade was his sense of humor. We made a team photo on the back steps of the BI prior to a road trip; Wade wore a red shirt and matching red tie!

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:49 pm

scatman77 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:39 pm
Rick83 wrote:
scatman77 wrote:

Yes and yes. We'd beaten Duke 75-70 earlier and rolled into Raleigh feeling pretty good. Wade went in for a layup and Wittenberg undercut him. When he hit the floor he ended up with a collapsed lung and out for the season. He was red-shirted but we missed a key starter for the rest of the season and never could quite recover from his loss. Neat thing about Wade was his sense of humor. We made a team photo on the back steps of the BI prior to a road trip; Wade wore a red shirt and matching red tie!
Yep, that was my junior year and I was in the "new men's dorm" and don't recall if it was named Frank yet. We were all listening to both the Duke and NC State games...the first was sooo exciting, the second one not so much. It's all coming back to me now...was that Cantwell's first year?

scatman77

Unread post by scatman77 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:04 pm

Rick83 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:49 pm
scatman77 wrote:
Rick83 wrote:
scatman77 wrote:

Yep, that was my junior year and I was in the "new men's dorm" and don't recall if it was named Frank yet. We were all listening to both the Duke and NC State games...the first was sooo exciting, the second one not so much. It's all coming back to me now...was that Cantwell's first year?
Yes. Kevin's first year. Had Wade not been injured his tenure might have been more successful. As for Duke, I was the athletic trainer working basketball so I was there. We sat on the bench and the crazies were on our side at that time. Their knees were in our backs and they were merciless, even to their own players. The locker room after the game was a huge mosh pit!

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:05 am

scatman77 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:04 pm
Rick83 wrote:
scatman77 wrote:
Rick83 wrote:
scatman77 wrote:

Yes. Kevin's first year. Had Wade not been injured his tenure might have been more successful. As for Duke, I was the athletic trainer working basketball so I was there. We sat on the bench and the crazies were on our side at that time. Their knees were in our backs and they were merciless, even to their own players. The locker room after the game was a huge mosh pit!
Wow...you were there! What an experience that must have been, Cremins had brought in recruits using his New York connections if I recall correctly. Basketball was a lot of fun up there my first 2 years, really right up to that NC State game. However, we struggled a bit in football at the time...Mike Working just wasn't..

beav910

Unread post by beav910 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:18 pm

scatman77 wrote:

This is the best thing I've ever seen on this message board and maybe even the internet. Also your username checks out haha.
Appalachian State Alumnus :: Graphic Designer

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:46 pm

Rick83 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:05 am
scatman77 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:04 pm
Rick83 wrote:
scatman77 wrote:
Rick83 wrote:

Wow...you were there! What an experience that must have been, Cremins had brought in recruits using his New York connections if I recall correctly. Basketball was a lot of fun up there my first 2 years, really right up to that NC State game. However, we struggled a bit in football at the time...Mike Working just wasn't..
Bronx to Boone Express.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”