Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Davidson Game

AppState2009
School: Appalachian State

Re: Davidson Game

Unread post by AppState2009 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:35 pm

IGgreer wrote:How to butcher a basketball program.

By:

"Uh..uh..football..uh"

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:51 pm

Probably intentional...they wanted to save us the embarrassment.

I am tempted to hope we don't get the 4th bye. If we were the #4 seed and we won our first game, we would get Davidson in the semis. I don't think I could take another beat down like this. Clearly no one else in the conference is the push over for Davidson that we are. Against Davidson you have to play fundamental basketball...that's a foreign concept to this team. Since most of the rest of the conference doesn't play fundamental basketball, we can compete. But, against Davidson we are helpless and hopeless.

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:22 pm

I wonder if Capel will show up for post game comments or slide out like he has done in the past?
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:25 pm

I get it, the unfinshed business was us getting our A..es handed to us on a platter. GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ ridiculous

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:26 pm

Josh, I'm bettin' on the electric slide...

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:28 pm

AppState2009 wrote:

By:

"Uh..uh..football..uh"
Is that capel or moore with lipstick?

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:33 pm

WE ARE PATHETIC!!!! I don't want anymore pie in the sky talk about what if we get a bye, get hot etc. We are not worth anything this year. We lost by 35 POINTS tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone who says we should keep Capel past this season is insane.

JCline0429

Unread post by JCline0429 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:09 pm

mountaineerman wrote:
AppState2009 wrote:

By:

"Uh..uh..football..uh"
Is that capel or moore with lipstick?
Resembles our A.D. more than either.
a.k.a JC0429

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:14 pm

Oh ok I could not tell ;)

cbarrier90

Unread post by cbarrier90 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:19 pm

Well, um...

Still have a shot at a bye...? Still get Elon...? Samford at home...? Can still get that bye...?

Guys...? GUYS...? Bueller...?

Kgfish

Unread post by Kgfish » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:20 pm

Notice how David and Randy were encouraging fans to not get too caught up in this loss? They realize we are very close to a full scale melt down.
No Generation Has The Right To Contract Debts Greater Than Can Be Paid Off During It's Own Existence.

George Washington

ViewCrew87

Unread post by ViewCrew87 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:24 pm

Has the offering plate been passed for the Chapel buy-out?
Last edited by ViewCrew87 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:29 pm

Bless DJ and RJ for actually trying to come up with a positive in that "game". Bet the off air comments would have been great to hear. "DJ: Dad, can you think of ANYTHING positive we can tell the listeners, if any are left? RJ: Well...no one died. Other than that, I'm out. DJ: How about Okam's 2 blocks in his 10 minutes? RJ: That's reaching but since one was pretty good at the rim I guess we can go with that. Nothing else comes to mind." :oops:

That's one of the reasons DJ wins awards.

asumike83

Unread post by asumike83 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:16 am

I've been as patient with this team as I can possibly be but sitting through tonight's game was horrible. A completely embarrassing performance.

I do not know what portion of the blame goes to the players and what goes to the coaches but there is plenty to go around. I could stand watching an overmatched ASU team struggle against Davidson but that is not what I saw. I watched a team with just as much talent as DC get run off the court because they didn't play with any heart on defense.

All Davidson needed for a wide open shot was one screen. We didn't fight through a pick or switch off to help all night. No passion, no hustle at all. They had given up before halftime. When I set aside a Saturday evening to watch Appalachian play basketball at Davidson, I don't expect the world. What I do expect is effort and I didn't see a damn bit of it tonight.

We have entirely too much individual talent to play like we just did. I will continue to support them but I have serious questions about whether this group has any desire to be better than mediocre. Gut check time.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:23 am

[quote="asumike83"]I've been as patient with this team as I can possibly be but sitting through tonight's game was horrible. A completely embarrassing performance.

I do not know what portion of the blame goes to the players and what goes to the coaches but there is plenty to go around. I could stand watching an overmatched ASU team struggle against Davidson but that is not what I saw. I watched a team with just as much talent as DC get run off the court because they didn't play with any heart on defense.

All Davidson needed for a wide open shot was one screen. We didn't fight through a pick or switch off to help all night. No passion, no hustle at all. They had given up before halftime. When I set aside a Saturday evening to watch Appalachian play basketball at Davidson, I don't expect the world. What I do expect is effort and I didn't see a damn bit of it tonight.

We have entirely too much individual talent to play like we just did. I will continue to support them but I have serious questions about whether this group has any desire to be better than mediocre. Gut check time.[/quote
---------------------------------

I posted this comment on Mountaineer Roundtable immediately after the GA South game...

The Apps pulled off an OT win on the road at GaSouth last night. Now it's onward to Davidson on Sat. for what Capel called "unfinished biz" on the App-IMG Network postgame show. I might call it the Bob McKillop BB Camp!

Looks as if someone posted Capel's "unfinished biz" remark in the DC locker room. DJ commented a couple of times during the game that McKillop looked in Capel's direction and laughed. Our team participated in McKillop's camp, but apparently didn't learn anything.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:17 pm

Seattleapp wrote:WE ARE PATHETIC!!!! I don't want anymore pie in the sky talk about what if we get a bye, get hot etc. We are not worth anything this year. We lost by 35 POINTS tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone who says we should keep Capel past this season is insane.
Is this the payback Capel was speaking of earlier in the week?

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:26 pm

Great to have a few beers with everyone before the game last night. That's about where the fun stopped.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:28 pm

I'm not saying Capel isn't accountable here, but it is well beyond a coaching issue at this point. We have terrible players AND a terrible game plan. The ASU BBall program is in shambles.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:32 pm

No need to argue the point, the results last night certainly don't make the case but I don't think our players are terrible. I think there is talent there but it requires more than mere talent to be successful on the court.

ASU2416

Unread post by ASU2416 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:18 pm

We have individual talent, but we don't play team basketball. In our starting five, we have four guys (Neal, Hamilton, Canty, Healy) who can make a shot if given a little space to score, but I don't think we do a very good job of getting our guys in the position to score.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”