Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Davidson Game

asumike83
School: Appalachian State

Re: Davidson Game

Unread post by asumike83 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:33 am

Gonzo wrote:I'm not saying Capel isn't accountable here, but it is well beyond a coaching issue at this point. We have terrible players AND a terrible game plan. The ASU BBall program is in shambles.
I agree and disagree. It is definitely beyond just Capel's coaching, although I don't think we have terrible players. We have individual talent but I just don't see the fire that a winning team has.

Getting the kids prepared and putting our players in a position to succeed is the coach's job but you can't teach a kid to want it. I was amazed at how soft we played defense. Our guys got screened one time and just gave up. No switching, no fighting through screens and no pressure applied at all on defense. Really doesn't matter how talented your players are if they don't want to commit to defense, especially against a team who can shoot the ball like Davidson. They feed off that lack of energy, bury you in a hole and then Saturday happens.

Tonight's game will test this team's heart. They got humiliated just two days ago and now they've got a home game against at team they should handle. If they're as angry about Saturday's performance as they should be, we will see some emotion out of them. If not, all bets are off from here on out.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”