Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App-DC WB Game

hapapp
School: Appalachian State

App-DC WB Game

Unread post by hapapp » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:45 pm

Thus far the ASU women are having a hard time penetrating the DC defense. 25-20 at the half.

This is a well-coached DC team that plays really strong D. They appear to be more well-rounded team than ASU. The Apps seem to rely too heavily on Anna and Maryah for offense. We have no outside threat and the zone works effectively. Interestingly, this is Darcie most experienced team but I would rank it below the previous two teams. Much like the men, no PG play.

hapapp

Re: App-DC WB Game

Unread post by hapapp » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:51 pm

Looking like ASU at best will get the #3 seed in the SoCon tourney. Much ball yet to play but I don't think this team is better than either Davidson or Chattanooga. I do believe we can get past Elon but we still have to go down there to play. A number four seed is not out of the question which would put us opposite either Davidson or Chattanooga. I think most of us thought this would be the year for the women to make the NCAA tournament. Of course, anything can happen in the tournament. Perhaps, we will reverse things from the past and perform well in the SoCon tournament and get the autobid.

eggers76

Unread post by eggers76 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:52 pm

Another loss to Davidson, they certainly have our ladies number. We cut the deficit to 2 and that was as close as we could get. Looking at live stats, Barrios only played one minute after turning in some decent play of late and Courtney Freeman only logged 10 minute and no foul trouble. Did either get hurt?

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:02 pm

eggers76 wrote:Another loss to Davidson, they certainly have our ladies number. We cut the deficit to 2 and that was as close as we could get. Looking at live stats, Barrios only played one minute after turning in some decent play of late and Courtney Freeman only logged 10 minute and no foul trouble. Did either get hurt?
--------------------------------------------

I'm not certain Barrios has completely recovered from the injury and surgery that caused her to miss all of last season.

We aren't good enough to overcome 31% shooting from the floor against DC or UTC.

We don't have anyone who can handle Aleksandravicius; and we haven't recruited anyone who can handle her next season.

We may have completely missed the boat with the quick resurgence of UTC's Mocs. :shock:
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:10 pm

I agree Chuck. I think our stay at the top is very much in jeopardy going forward. The conference is getting tougher and we don't seem to be keeping pace. That's not to say this team is finished or has no chance at a title this year. However, this edition of WB is nowhere near what has been on the floor the previous two seasons. I agree with Darcie, this team just isn't playing very good or smart at the moment.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”