Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

BB Burgers Pizza 2020 edition

Stonewall
School: Appalachian State

Re: BB Burgers Pizza 2020 edition

Unread post by Stonewall » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:59 pm

Late afternoon tip off times aren’t an incentive for those driving up and back on Saturdays .Especially given mountain winter weather . I’m not sure if it’s best for the locals , or the students. In the years we had our best attendance it seems we tipped at One or Two.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:02 am

Stonewall wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:59 pm
Late afternoon tip off times aren’t an incentive for those driving up and back on Saturdays .Especially given mountain winter weather . I’m not sure if it’s best for the locals , or the students. In the years we had our best attendance it seems we tipped at One or Two.
I wonder what the rationale is for 4 pm tipoffs?

BooneKarate

Unread post by BooneKarate » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:09 am

asu66 - No need to keep quoting each other just to take up space

I'd rather Bridges be good at Marketing than Fundraising since that's actually his job...(yes fundraising is a part of everyone's job, but I'd hope he was more on the marketing side of things...). I'm not sure he's been successful in a role like this in other place before though. Personal opinion that being a Graduate Assistant at Kentucky while they are walking into Final Four's doesn't really take a lot from marketing to get people to games. ESPN did most of the work for them.

I see what you're saying on what you felt like you were picking up and that's not what I was going after. I think donors are giving because at the base, I think they've been told that free food for students would get more students to the game. I just feel that there should be more of a focus on getting paying customers to the games. A large reason of why I put it in here is because I know that the administrators read the Cabin (I've seen it first hand, Bridges included).

Let's continue to be philanthropists with our dollars to give back to those who once gave to us. Yes, I'm still in line with this.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:10 am

hapapp wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:02 am
Stonewall wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:59 pm
I wonder what the rationale is for 4 pm tipoffs?
It looks to be common in the Sunbelt , but I don't know .

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:14 am

BooneKarate wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:09 am

I'd rather Bridges be good at Marketing than Fundraising since that's actually his job...(yes fundraising is a part of everyone's job, but I'd hope he was more on the marketing side of things...). I'm not sure he's been successful in a role like this in other place before though. Personal opinion that being a Graduate Assistant at Kentucky while they are walking into Final Four's doesn't really take a lot from marketing to get people to games. ESPN did most of the work for them.

I see what you're saying on what you felt like you were picking up and that's not what I was going after. I think donors are giving because at the base, I think they've been told that free food for students would get more students to the game. I just feel that there should be more of a focus on getting paying customers to the games. A large reason of why I put it in here is because I know that the administrators read the Cabin (I've seen it first hand, Bridges included).

Let's continue to be philanthropists with our dollars to give back to those who once gave to us. Yes, I'm still in line with this.
If we want more people to attend Saturday basketball games from two plus hours away we need to move our start times up.I have heard that from a lot of folks , all Yosef members.

BooneKarate

Unread post by BooneKarate » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:05 am

Stonewall wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:14 am
BooneKarate wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:09 am

If we want more people to attend Saturday basketball games from two plus hours away we need to move our start times up.I have heard that from a lot of folks , all Yosef members.
I agree with this. The only rationale that may be against it is skiing. But everyone has their preference on when a good time to ski/snowboard is. I agree that we should be back towards the mid-day though. Awkward afternoon isn't a good time and I don't think many will make an overnight trip to come see a basketball game just yet unless it's a headliner. I'm 100% with you on this Boone weather though. You never know how bad it's going to be getting off the mountain in the dark after a game.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”