Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

ETSU

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09
School: Appalachian State

Re: ETSU

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:54 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:37 pm
Am I the only who see’s Forrest is quickly becoming a detriment to this team. This hero ball crap is gonna kill them. Someone needs to tell him to stop trying to create his own shot.
He watched Shabazz do it for two years, he probably figures it's his time.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:01 pm

James Lewis didn’t play , assume he’s injured. Gregory still out. Seacat looked lost. Shooting in the first half killed us. Williams and Johnson played great games. If we can improve our shooting we can compete.

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:21 pm

To me this is year zero for Kerns. There are a lot of things that he is changing (for the better) and it's going to take time. The ball will start to fall for Forrest soon, I think he may be playing more active defense than he has in his life and he is adjusting to expending so much energy on both sides of the floor. I really do enjoy watching our guys play this, the play hard especially on defense. Hell it's just nice being competitive night in and night out! Hot take here: Johnson is going to make a run at Sunbelt player of the year.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

appfan22

Unread post by appfan22 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:30 pm

Didn’t get a chance to watch the game, but caught most of it on the radio. Seems like there were quite a few offensive fouls on our side? Lewis may have had 3 charges called against him? Also sounded like a blatant missed goaltending call late in the second half.

The turnover by Forrest around the 3 minute mark that turned a chance to cut it to two into a 7 point deficit seemed to be the nail on the coffin. Kerns’ seem to allude to it in his postgame. Gotta be smarter with the ball in crunch time. Missed free throws and a 19-4 run out of the under 12 in the first half were the difference.

Overall, not disappointed in the effort. ETSU would get an at large bid to the tourney if the season ended today. Also took Kansas to the wire at Allen Fieldhouse. Much more experienced team and it showed with the game on the line. We’ll be there soon enough.

#TakeTheStairs

app97

Unread post by app97 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:59 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:01 pm
James Lewis didn’t play , assume he’s injured. Gregory still out. Seacat looked lost. Shooting in the first half killed us. Williams and Johnson played great games. If we can improve our shooting we can compete.
Lewis Jr. played, just limited minutes for some reason. We went smaller a lot tonight with Ike and K. Lewis as the 4 and 5.

app97

Unread post by app97 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:05 am

Off Topic
appfan22 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:30 pm
Didn’t get a chance to watch the game, but caught most of it on the radio. Seems like there were quite a few offensive fouls on our side? Lewis may have had 3 charges called against him? Also sounded like a blatant missed goaltending call late in the second half.

The turnover by Forrest around the 3 minute mark that turned a chance to cut it to two into a 7 point deficit seemed to be the nail on the coffin. Kerns’ seem to allude to it in his postgame. Gotta be smarter with the ball in crunch time. Missed free throws and a 19-4 run out of the under 12 in the first half were the difference.

Overall, not disappointed in the effort. ETSU would get an at large bid to the tourney if the season ended today. Also took Kansas to the wire at Allen Fieldhouse. Much more experienced team and it showed with the game on the line. We’ll be there soon enough.

#TakeTheStairs
Yep, that turnover by Forrest/3 for ETSU was terrible timing. Forrest and K. Lewis both tend to try to do it all themselves sometimes. Forrest is really good at drawing fouls though. Just need to knock down the free throws. O’showen is really thriving right now in this system. He was fun to watch tonight.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:38 am

In years past, I often would leave the telecast out of frustration but this team plays with effort and heart especially on defense. We still have issues on offense with too much individual play but our effort keeps us in most games.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:21 am

At least we are not Duke. They lost to a 222 ranked team, and having watched the final bit it was not even close during the last 0.2 seconds. Total SFA domination from then until the end of the game. I will give credit to Duke to at least taking SFA to OT. Duke showed some grit last night, and might be able to turn around their season.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:54 am

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:21 am
At least we are not Duke. They lost to a 222 ranked team, and having watched the final bit it was not even close during the last 0.2 seconds. Total SFA domination from then until the end of the game. I will give credit to Duke to at least taking SFA to OT. Duke showed some grit last night, and might be able to turn around their season.
Man alive I thought I'd never actually get to say this but Coach K screwed the pooch on that one. How do you keep Vernon Carey on the bench for that last possession? They had a timeout, he wasn't in danger of fouling out(even in OT that shouldn't stop you). I don't get it, the young man is a monster down low and is clearly their best offensive player. Just very confusing. But congrats to SFA they put themselves in position to win and took advantage of it.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:06 am

ETSU was a more seasoned team with a 5 year coach and were used to playing his style. Give our guys some time with Kerns. They are already much improved from last year and have already beaten two teams in Charlotte and ECU that we would have lost to with Fox. By conference play, we should be playing with more cohesiveness and with the same effort being given now, expect to finish in the top 5 of the conference. Also, free throws...

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:41 am

Duke reminds me of UNC-CH and Chaminade years back. I believe Chaminade was an NAIA team at the time..
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:45 am

NewApp wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:41 am
Duke reminds me of UNC-CH and Chaminade years back. I believe Chaminade was an NAIA team at the time..
Chaminade beat Ralph Sampson and UVA. Though SFA has won a NCAA tournament game within the last 5 years. They actually have had a decent basketball history.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:13 am

app97 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:59 pm
Stonewall wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:01 pm
Lewis Jr. played, just limited minutes for some reason. We went smaller a lot tonight with Ike and K. Lewis as the 4 and 5.
I missed him , glad he isn't hurt .He has been a pleasant surprise.

app97

Unread post by app97 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:22 am

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:06 am
ETSU was a more seasoned team with a 5 year coach and were used to playing his style. Give our guys some time with Kerns. They are already much improved from last year and have already beaten two teams in Charlotte and ECU that we would have lost to with Fox. By conference play, we should be playing with more cohesiveness and with the same effort being given now, expect to finish in the top 5 of the conference. Also, free throws...
My thoughts as well. ETSU is a veteran team and have been one of the top socon teams since their coach arrived a few years ago. Give Kerns a couple of years and we could be a real force to be reckoned with. We are already exceeding my expectations and we’re playing with a short bench right now due to injuries and other factors.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:26 pm

I'm watching the Dayton/Kansas game right now, I know both of these teams are elite and we're a long way away from that but I'm blown away by their team size. These teams are loaded with dudes! ETSU had one really big dude last night too in Lucas N'Geussan. We've got to start getting some dudes.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:25 pm

hapapp wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:45 am
NewApp wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:41 am
Chaminade beat Ralph Sampson and UVA. Though SFA has won a NCAA tournament game within the last 5 years. They actually have had a decent basketball history.
That's correct, Jerry. Thanks for the correction. It's Wofford that upset the Heels and Roy Boy.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”