Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

CLASSLESS JERK!!!!!!!!!!

appdaze

Re: CLASSLESS JERK!!!!!!!!!!

Unread post by appdaze » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:44 pm

BeauFoster wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:21 pm
BooneKarate wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:38 am
NewApp wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:11 am
asu66 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:13 pm
NewApp wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:57 pm
I don’t see why we can’t have an intimidating crowd and still not be classless. I’d rather be a loser than have the reputation of a Georgia Southern.
We don't have that reputation and we won't have one anywhere close to the "Mob at The Stink" as long as men like Doug Gillen and Dustin Kerns are our leaders.

While we're on this subject, I nominate you to teach the App student body how, when and where on the " THE ARENA NOISE SCALE" to discern the boundary between intimidating cheers and classless ones. :mrgreen:

I believe I heard a chorus of seconds to the nomination. If there's no discussion, are we ready for the vote...
Snark alert.

FWIW, never said we were like GSU, just that I don’t want to be like them or any where close. The line isn’t thin. Chants like we heard in football is clearly Over the line. Rowdy is good. F bombs and singling out opposing players is over the line. Fair enough?
Chanting the F-word is over the line, yes. I don't think that singling out players is over the line by any means. The "airball" chant signals people out. Should we single college kids out with info about a deceased family member? That's too far. But singling a player out is a very vague statement and has very different levels to it. Where's the line? Who knows. But there's only one way to find it!
Maybe we should drop basketball and pick up sarcastaball? That would ensure no feelings are ever in danger of being hurt.
There is definitely enough hot air being blown to keep those balloons filled.

APPdiesel
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by APPdiesel » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:10 pm

I think the F word should be worked into ALL chants. Saying it over and over and over and over and over and over and over again will cause that word to lose its venom.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:19 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:36 am
shortfatoldapp wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:59 am
Space, your opinion in this case is all I need. I too want everyone to “hate” us but I want it to be because we beat them! I suspect the reason the kids don’t come to the games is that we really don’t have any basketball tradition or history! That being said, I surely do not want sit beside a “mouthy leather-lungs”. I’m sorry your experience was poor, please try again.
WOAH. I haven’t heard language that foul since Buddy the Elf called himself a cotton-headed ninnymuggins.

Seriously everybody, 4 pages on student section conduct? If it bothers you be a man and go tell the offender to clean it up. If you’re not man enough, move seats. If you’re too lazy to move, speak to an usher and have them ask the kid to clean it up.

It’s college sports not choir practice.
I don’t think anyone has to go to choir practice to avoid hearing “you suck azz” chanted at opponent. Everyone should object to that whether they have kids in attendance or not. Doesn’t offend the other team, just inspires them.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:26 pm

See my previous post....don't like it:

a) personally go tell them to clean it up
b) ask an usher to go ask them to clean it up
c) move seats to get far enough away you can't hear it
d) stay in your seat but get over it

Old dudes griping about it on message boards (I include myself in that "old dudes" jab, I'm 35) does NOTHING to change things.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:26 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:10 pm
I think the F word should be worked into ALL chants. Saying it over and over and over and over and over and over and over again will cause that word to lose its venom.
So I don't normally pay attention to who people are on this board behind their screen names. Randomly seeing your name and thinking about my drive home from work and actually putting two and two together. Depending on when I get out I sometimes hear Todd sign off and you come on and that's what jarred my realization. That seems like a sweet gig.

As far as your comment is concerned, it reminds me of the South Park episode "It Hits the Fan."

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:29 pm

appdaze wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:26 pm
APPdiesel wrote:
So I don't normally pay attention to who people are on this board behind their screen names. Randomly seeing your name and thinking about my drive home from work and actually putting two and two together. Depending on when I get out I sometimes hear Todd sign off and you come on and that's what jarred my realization. That seems like a sweet gig.

As far as your comment is concerned, it reminds me of the South Park episode "It Hits the Fan."
Haha, yep that's me. this thread has just gotten ridiculous, so why not poke fun at it?

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:36 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
If your "F word" contains venom then I think you might be doing it wrong.

Sorry...couldn't resist.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:43 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:26 pm
See my previous post....don't like it:

a) personally go tell them to clean it up
b) ask an usher to go ask them to clean it up
c) move seats to get far enough away you can't hear it
d) stay in your seat but get over it

Old dudes griping about it on message boards (I include myself in that "old dudes" jab, I'm 35) does NOTHING to change things.

Individual fans shouldn't have to walk all the way around the stadium to tell 500 students to quit chanting the suck ass chant. Doesn't offend me but makes me look down on our own our fandom.
Google SUX

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:46 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:36 pm
APPdiesel wrote:
If your "F word" contains venom then I think you might be doing it wrong.

Sorry...couldn't resist.
Hahaha. I drop it so much in regular conversation I don't realize I'm doing it.

BooneKarate

Unread post by BooneKarate » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:00 pm

BeauFoster wrote:

Maybe we should drop basketball and pick up sarcastaball? That would ensure no feelings are ever in danger of being hurt.
New phrases to be used will be "Wow, are you the son of Larry Bird? You're so good" and "Aren't you just a great defender", but not to forget classic referee talk such as "Nice shirt, I had no idea you worked at Foot Locker! I hope they pay well!"

This way all the younger kids who don't get sarcasm will feel better...

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:17 pm

BooneKarate wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:00 pm
BeauFoster wrote:

New phrases to be used will be "Wow, are you the son of Larry Bird? You're so good" and "Aren't you just a great defender", but not to forget classic referee talk such as "Nice shirt, I had no idea you worked at Foot Locker! I hope they pay well!"

Nah. I change my mind. You guys are right. "you suck ass." should be on the big screen for the whole 30,000 to chant by a video of Chancellor Evert leading it.
Google SUX

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:12 pm

NewApp wrote:
asu66 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
I don’t see why we can’t have an intimidating crowd and still not be classless. I’d rather be a loser than have the reputation of a Georgia Southern.
We don't have that reputation and we won't have one anywhere close to the "Mob at The Stink" as long as men like Doug Gillen and Dustin Kerns are our leaders.

While we're on this subject, I nominate you to teach the App student body how, when and where on the " THE ARENA NOISE SCALE" to discern the boundary between intimidating cheers and classless ones. :mrgreen:

I believe I heard a chorus of seconds to the nomination. If there's no discussion, are we ready for the vote...
Snark alert.

FWIW, never said we were like GSU, just that I don’t want to be like them or any where close. The line isn’t thin. Chants like we heard in football is clearly Over the line. Rowdy is good. F bombs and singling out opposing players is over the line. Fair enough?
Not intended to be snark...just tryin' to be funny and failin' miserably...guess I should stick to my day job of drivin' my recliner...not allowed to drive my other vehicles any more... :(
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:35 pm

NewApp wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:17 pm
BooneKarate wrote:
BeauFoster wrote:

Nah. I change my mind. You guys are right. "you suck ass." should be on the big screen for the whole 30,000 to chant by a video of Chancellor Evert leading it.
As long as we decide if we are going to put a comma in there. Are we saying that they suck ass, or they suck, and we’re calling them an ass?
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:26 pm

An example I would give that make a big difference.

A pep band led drum cadence that ends with the crowd yelling for our team to “give em hell”
Is different from yelling at a player from the other team individually to “go to hell”

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:31 am

I think we have the gist of the topic now....can we let this die?

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:53 am

asu66 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:12 pm
NewApp wrote:
asu66 wrote:
NewApp wrote:

Snark alert.

Not intended to be snark...just tryin' to be funny and failin' miserably...guess I should stick to my day job of drivin' my recliner...not allowed to drive my other vehicles any more... :(

Gotcha.
Google SUX

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:00 am

I expect, and hope to see a lot of classy and classless jerks in the stands on saturday!!

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:05 am

NewApp wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:17 pm
BooneKarate wrote:
BeauFoster wrote:

Dude you MUST include the comma.

They chant: "You suck, ass hole" when the other team kicks off. That means he sucks, and he's also an ass hole. "You suck ass hole" would be weirdly specific and only appropriate to chant at the Stink game.

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:32 am

The Rock wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:00 am
I expect, and hope to see a lot of classy and classless jerks in the stands on saturday!!
Yessir!! Here’s to an arena full of classless jerks!! GO APPS!!

“Make them hate to play App State!”
—DK

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:31 am

appstate24 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:32 am
The Rock wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:00 am
Yessir!! Here’s to an arena full of classless jerks!! GO APPS!!

“Make them hate to play App State!”
—DK
I consider myself to be a "classy jerk", thank you! :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”