Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Coastal Carolina...Monday. Go App!!!!!!!

Rekdiver
School: Appalachian State

Re: Coastal Carolina...Monday. Go App!!!!!!!

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:56 am

I'm 68...qualify with the blanket geezer statement...BUT I play sand volleyball twice a week, Drink AMB smoke cigars still listen to Led Zepplin and Jimi and look ( not leer) at pretty women.... I aint dead yet.Long live Geezer nation!

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:15 am

I'm coming to your tailgate next year Rek!
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:32 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:56 am
I'm 68...qualify with the blanket geezer statement...BUT I play sand volleyball twice a week, Drink AMB smoke cigars still listen to Led Zepplin and Jimi and look ( not leer) at pretty women.... I aint dead yet.Long live Geezer nation!
Hell - you are a kid to me :o - I sit in my chair and watch sports and listen to classic rock - big event now is watching our granddaughter dance :D
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:13 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:15 am
I'm coming to your tailgate next year Rek!
All are welcome!

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:04 pm

The format of the tournament gives a huge advantage to the top seeds , and I understand the rationale .I don't agree with it but I understand it.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:38 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:04 pm
The format of the tournament gives a huge advantage to the top seeds , and I understand the rationale .I don't agree with it but I understand it.
I don't disagree with you - but - when you are a 1 bid conference then those who have proved themselves through out the season should get the advantage -
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:17 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:38 pm
Stonewall wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:04 pm
I don't disagree with you - but - when you are a 1 bid conference then those who have proved themselves through out the season should get the advantage -
I have to agree. It doesn't serve the conference or its members very well when the proven best team gets excluded from the dance because of a stumble in the conference tournament. Hopefully we can have a conference champ who makes a run beyond the first or second round. Once that starts happening, we'll have a better chance at being more than a one bid conference....and that's the goal.

agentpaul001

Unread post by agentpaul001 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:05 pm

Agreed. I believe the tournament is moving away from the campus games next season and back to having the whole tournament over four days. If that's the case I imagine they'll probably do byes for the top four seeds and then a first round with the remainder. That seems like a fair format without stretching the tournament over too many days or too much travel.

We match up pretty well with Texas St although Ken Pom still has them as 8 point favorites. It'll be a tough game but I think we can absolutely beet them in San Marcos. This game will be wholly different then the past two with Isaac Johnson, O'Showen Williams absent from our loss and Nijal Pearson gone during our win at home. Our starters play some of the highest minutes in entire NCAA so I think we were more adversely affected.

I think we shock them tomorrow and head to New Orleans :) Justin is due for another big 20pt+ game and I think these Seniors aren't done playing yet.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:20 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
If you would like to get into the next Led Zeppelin laser show at the Greensboro Science Center then send me a PM. I often work that show, though it may be next year now before it is shown again.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

ShagNC

Unread post by ShagNC » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:59 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:20 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
If you would like to get into the next Led Zeppelin laser show at the Greensboro Science Center then send me a PM. I often work that show, though it may be next year now before it is shown again.
Led Zep laser show? :shock: Count me in
GO! FIGHT! KICK ASS!

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:07 pm

Led Zeppelin is up again 28 August. Pink Floyd is also very popular.

https://www.greensboroscience.org/visit ... index.html

I don't work every show but I do work many of these. Send me a PM and if I am working the show I imagine I can get two or three into a show even if a sell-out, which is often the case with Led Zep and the two different Pink Floyd shows.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:08 am

There are certainly ways to reward the better record teams without gutting the tournament .As a potential attendee , finding out late Wednesday if you are in Saturday's games ,in New Orleans , is not fan friendly. Only 2 of the ten have more than a couple of days to make arrangements and get down there. I also think all 12 teams should be in the draw , giving every player that post season experience. Even when we were terrible I enjoyed the old SoCon tournaments , seeing every team play and making friends with alumni from the other schools.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:03 am

It is simple with 12 - top 4 get byes - then 5/12 - 6/11 - 7/10 - 8/9 in first round - I agree all 12 should be included and this bracket does give the top teams some benefit -
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”