Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

U T

APPChad90
School: Appalachian State

Re: U T

Unread post by APPChad90 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:11 pm

We definitely ran into a buzz saw last night. The margin of defeat and way it happened was disheartening but make no mistake the Vols were smothering on D and have some legit talent on their roster. I believe 2 of their guys were 5 star recruits. That said I think there is a lot that these guys can learn from a game like this to prepare them for Conference play which is what counts for the growth of the program. When playing stronger competition you have to emphasize the basics like being stronger with the ball, making the easy pass, and of course finishing with contact. We were gut punched and kicked in the knee early and never knew what hit us. I think they will see that on film and be better for it. Many teams have gotten better after being taken to the woodshed. We were never gonna win that game but in my eyes there is still a lot of developing talent on the team to be excited about. Kerns is still figuring out his rotations and their roles. I’m sure the players were frustrated but they kept hustling and playing hard and that I liked that effort.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:15 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:55 pm
hapapp wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:38 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:46 pm
We played really stupid. Plus we couldn’t drop it in the ocean. A 22 point loss , ok that’s still bad but a 40 point loss is pathetic. I wasn’t sure how many times we were going to dribble into a double team, jump in the air then pass it to no one. Tennessee is a good team but they aren’t Virginia on defense. We played very poorly. Tennessee did what they had to do but it’s disheartening to see we weren’t even remotely competitive with them from the opening tip. I then watched Furman completely out play Alabama. I just can’t get over how we wouldn’t come close to winning the so con. I really hope to see improvement as I want some basketball relevance
Statistically, UT is better than UVA defensively this year, at least to date. UT is giviing up 47 points a game, the 'Hoos 57. UT's strength of schedule is 9 and UVA is 62.
Come on man. Are you gonna tell me uva isn’t the best defensive team in the country? For like 10 years in a row

Good grief. Read hapapp's post.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:37 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:55 pm
hapapp wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:38 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:46 pm
We played really stupid. Plus we couldn’t drop it in the ocean. A 22 point loss , ok that’s still bad but a 40 point loss is pathetic. I wasn’t sure how many times we were going to dribble into a double team, jump in the air then pass it to no one. Tennessee is a good team but they aren’t Virginia on defense. We played very poorly. Tennessee did what they had to do but it’s disheartening to see we weren’t even remotely competitive with them from the opening tip. I then watched Furman completely out play Alabama. I just can’t get over how we wouldn’t come close to winning the so con. I really hope to see improvement as I want some basketball relevance
Statistically, UT is better than UVA defensively this year, at least to date. UT is giviing up 47 points a game, the 'Hoos 57. UT's strength of schedule is 9 and UVA is 62.
Come on man. Are you gonna tell me uva isn’t the best defensive team in the country? For like 10 years in a row
Not this year. Over the time that Bennett that has been at UVA they have been the best defensive team in the country. But, at this point in this season UT has been better. Perhaps, a different situation at the end of the year but currently I would go with the Vols.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:16 pm

Has App ever played a team in the regular season who went on to win the National Championship? Might be this season. UT is legit.

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:59 pm

Points per possession is the only way to rate a defense - and consider the strength of schedule. Total points given up relates to pace of play.

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:59 pm

Tennessee looked like a top 5 team tonight versus Mizzou.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”