Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

IT'S TIME TO SHOW UP!

9Steelman

IT'S TIME TO SHOW UP!

Unread post by 9Steelman » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:12 am

I hope the fans, students, staff and locals realize how important showing up this Thursday/Saturday is. Winning 3 straight on the road is no easy feat even if you were playing "Sisters of the Poor" which we were not. Our team is so much fun to watch. They play with so much energy and team is more important than self. They love large crowds at home to feed off of. Forest is playing his best basketball as sixth man and will hit 2,000 points Thursday. I don't know what it would take to get about 5,000 (out of 20,000) students to show up, but this is the time to pull out all stops by all of us to promote game as if Luke Combs will be parking cars, working in concessions and will sing the National Anthem. Get excited, spread the word, show up - don't let anything stop you. The time has come! "it's great to be a Mountaineer basketball fan"
Last edited by 9Steelman on Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

APPdiesel
School: Appalachian State

Re: IT'S TIME TO SHOW UP!

Unread post by APPdiesel » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:21 am

Downplaying our opponents as bums isn’t really the tone we should be taking. It makes our conference sound small time. Coastal and Georgia State are typically really good in this conference. I’m not saying we have to pretend like we’re playing an ACC schedule but if we talk about it like it’s a little deal other people will believe that it’s a little deal then question why they should care.

🚨 disregard basically my entire post here. I didn’t want to take it down because I have a few personal friends who don’t watch our games because they don’t believe or opponents are worthy of their time, so I think it still applies to some fans, but not to the OP. I misread him and spoke out of my rear.
Last edited by APPdiesel on Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

ASU3432Mi

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:32 am

I didn't read 9steelman's post as downplaying our opponents as bums at all.

BayouApp

Unread post by BayouApp » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:45 pm

Agree

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:14 pm

"Winning 3 straight on the road is no easy feat even if you were playing "Sisters of the Poor" which we were not"

I think his point that winning three straight on the road against anybody is tough, and we weren't playing a bunch of weak sisters.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:52 pm

hapapp wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:14 pm
"Winning 3 straight on the road is no easy feat even if you were playing "Sisters of the Poor" which we were not"

I think his point that winning three straight on the road against anybody is tough, and we weren't playing a bunch of weak sisters.
Then I misread the original post. That’s on me for missing it. Apologies steelman

diehardapp18

Unread post by diehardapp18 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:36 pm

Arkansas State is a strong opponent with one of the conference's best players in Norchad Omier. I really hope student groups and organizations are campaigning this week. Boisterous crowds can really make a difference in college hoops. I remember when I was a student not too long ago The Local was the place to be on Thursday nights, students flocked there. Would be awesome if they would give students who were in attendance at the basketball game special drink deals or something. No idea, just spitballing.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:45 pm

This is a great idea. Offer discounts at establishments in town if show proof of attendance. Have to use with a week of game. May get a few more to show up.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:04 pm

Put the students on the sidelines not the court end lines.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:14 pm

Appstate88 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:04 pm
I think the thought process is it will impact free throw shooting, especially in the second half. It might also have something to do with revenue. I loved the sidelines student section when I was in school. Catch a game during the week and have UNC and Duke on t.v. which always impacts attendance you could basically move down to court side.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:41 am

Anyone here that’s a high country local or a student, what specifically have you seen the university or the athletics department doing to promote this game?

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:55 am

wish we had a electronic billboard at 321/105 intersection..allow you to advertise all sports and home games. Something to read while at the traffic light..
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:08 am

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:14 pm
Appstate88 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:04 pm
I think the thought process is it will impact free throw shooting, especially in the second half. It might also have something to do with revenue. I loved the sidelines student section when I was in school. Catch a game during the week and have UNC and Duke on t.v. which always impacts attendance you could basically move down to court side.
Put the band behind the basket and give the students the lower section opposite the benches (and the two end zones, if more show up.) Better look, better atmosphere.

ShagNC

Unread post by ShagNC » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:38 am

We have a group of three traveling up from the Triad and we're excited! Just wondering about parking...from what I was able to gather, it looks like we should be able to park in the Rivers St deck, can anyone confirm?
GO! FIGHT! KICK ASS!

87ASUgrad

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:41 am

We will be there! Have not missed a home game this year. I am sure glad the students are back, we sure missed them over the holiday break.

I don't know if the student section needs to or even wants to move. They are doing a great job giving the visiting team hell with their proximity to their bench. They have been quite the distraction to some of them and have befriended some too. They also are in perfect position to mess with their shots and especially their free throws in the 2nd half. They have been doing an awesome job at that too! The coaches and players enter and exit the court from that end and they have gone up in the stands to thank the students after games this year. It is awesome to see and I look forward to see what they do this week.
Give Em Hell!!

appfanjj

Unread post by appfanjj » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:58 am

ShagNC wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:38 am
We have a group of three traveling up from the Triad and we're excited! Just wondering about parking...from what I was able to gather, it looks like we should be able to park in the Rivers St deck, can anyone confirm?
Rivers Street Deck. Free after 5:00.
Advice: back into your parking spot.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:19 pm

I’m here for dueling student sections. One at each end. Give ‘em hell at both free throw lines. Call em “Mountaineer menace” and “melee”. They could do it right now if they “restrict” students to the lower bowl. Both lower bowl base line sections would be PACKED.

87ASUgrad

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:52 pm

That's an awesome idea! You know, we may not be far from being able to do that either if we keep it up. There were a lot of students on that other end (Sections 5 & 6) from the Mountaineer Menace at the last game and they were getting rowdy. One of the security staff went up and asked to to keep it "R" rated. Also, most of the Student Athletes and Coaches from our other sport teams already sit on the other side of that goal in Section 8. It was great to see Coach Cardwell and his family at the last home game there! Here is a shot of it from the twittters
Give Em Hell!!

87ASUgrad

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:16 pm

ShagNC wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:38 am
Yes you can park in the parking decks after 5pm. Also can turn up Hill Street beside the Holmes Center and park in the lot up top there. Gonna be a rowdy night I hope!!
Give Em Hell!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”