Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

MBB vs Central Penn, Tues 12/5 8pm

appstatealum
School: Appalachian State

Re: MBB vs Central Penn, Tues 12/5 8pm

Unread post by appstatealum » Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:26 am

Thank God we are a basketball school now. Whenever we have a disappointing football season, we can just say "there is always basketball season"
The Appalachian State

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:37 am

I fully expect this to happen (can't wait for the responses) but we will roll into the JMU game at 14-2. Once that happens think we are ranked? I know a lot has to happen and basketball is nuts but if that happens when is the last time an App basketball team was top 25? We could absolutely have two Belt top 25 squaring off. Hey it's a slow Friday and I have zero effect on any of this stuff. 😀😀

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:46 am

Not seeing that with the schedule we play. The only reason jmu is scheduled is due Michigan St. win... Auburn was not even ranked if memory serves me correct. If we had Butler, St. Mary's, ....more known mid-majors on the schedule before JMU...may we would be ranked....I may be wrong..but my opinion
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:17 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:46 am
Not seeing that with the schedule we play. The only reason jmu is scheduled is due Michigan St. win... Auburn was not even ranked if memory serves me correct. If we had Butler, St. Mary's, ....more known mid-majors on the schedule before JMU...may we would be ranked....I may be wrong..but my opinion
But Auburn was in the top 20 in most of the power ratings polls at the time. I believe they were 18 in the kenpom ratings. It’s a quad 1 win and that’s what matters.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:21 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:17 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
But Auburn was in the top 20 in most of the power ratings polls at the time. I believe they were 18 in the kenpom ratings. It’s a quad 1 win and that’s what matters.
We shall see. We will know when the game gets here. Right now, I do not believe we are even in Other Receiving Votes in AP. We are not playing anyone to move us up. If it is just having wins in the win column no matter who you play... maybe App..St has a chance. If JMU loses one game between now and our game, my bet is they may fall out of top 25.
#99ForPresident!!

appfanjj

Unread post by appfanjj » Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:43 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Should have won the Oregon State game. Would have helped.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:52 pm

appfanjj wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:43 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
Should have won the Oregon State game. Would have helped.
Agreed. Although they may be lower half of PAC 12, the known larger name school helps psychologically for polls that people vote as compared to a computer ranking.
#99ForPresident!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”