Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App MBB vs Georgia State, Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2024 (MMXXIV), 5 days until Year of the Wood Dragon, 6:30 p.m. ET, ESPN+

APPdiesel
School: Appalachian State

Re: App MBB vs Georgia State, Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2024 (MMXXIV), 5 days until Year of the Wood Dragon, 6:30 p.m. ET, ESP

Unread post by APPdiesel » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:19 am

Cmon hap, this is basketball they’re called base lines 🤣

App football is unique in that we give students the entire sideline. Duke basketball has an insane atmosphere (partly) because they give students the entire sideline. I believe App should do the same. Let the fuddy-duddies have the sideline that’s not visible on camera.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

BambooRdApp

Re: App MBB vs Georgia State, Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2024 (MMXXIV), 5 days until Year of the Wood Dragon, 6:30 p.m. ET, ESP

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:41 am

To me...if remembering correctly...like Reynolds Col. Have 5 to 10 rows behind the benches for students...then a higher elevated section behind students for the rest of fans. If students want to stand all game, does not interfere with the more mature in age crowd.
With that alignment, got to have students show up....

Yes, this would require renovations which will not happen.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:49 am

APPdiesel wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:19 am

App football is unique in that we give students the entire sideline. Duke basketball has an insane atmosphere (partly) because they give students the entire sideline. I believe App should do the same. Let the fuddy-duddies have the sideline that’s not visible on camera.
I agree with one exception, I don't like teams putting students behind the visitors bench, bad recipe.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:00 am

Doesn't seem to be an issue at Dook...and they are right on the opposing players on the sidelines. They may not be right behind opposing teams bench ..but close enough to touch players on sidelines for some inbound plays
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:27 am

BambooRdApp wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:00 am
Doesn't seem to be an issue at Dook...and they are right on the opposing players on the sidelines. They may not be right behind opposing teams bench ..but close enough to touch players on sidelines for some inbound plays
Their students sit behind press row, the benches are on the other side of the court.

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:39 am

BambooRdApp wrote:
It's such a difficult effort at Duke to get a student ticket so the last thing one of them wants is to get kicked out. For all of the screaming and crap that they do I've never heard of someone going over the top as I'm throwing something at the opposing bench. I caught parts of a couple of the other Belt games last night and those crowds looked fairly decent. JMU had a good number of empty seats in what is probably the season ticket section but overall it looked ok. Other than graduation how many times have we needed the capacity of HCC? Seems like if given the option we would be better off with a smaller arena of about 7k-10k capacity.

Just saw the note regarding Cameron. Students behind the press but still never recall an issue with any altercations.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:31 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:19 am

Oops! I should have know that. If the students like being on the baseline, then why make them move? I'm fine with wherever they want to be.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:34 pm

Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:39 am
BambooRdApp wrote:
It's such a difficult effort at Duke to get a student ticket so the last thing one of them wants is to get kicked out. For all of the screaming and crap that they do I've never heard of someone going over the top as I'm throwing something at the opposing bench. I caught parts of a couple of the other Belt games last night and those crowds looked fairly decent. JMU had a good number of empty seats in what is probably the season ticket section but overall it looked ok. Other than graduation how many times have we needed the capacity of HCC? Seems like if given the option we would be better off with a smaller arena of about 7k-10k capacity.

Just saw the note regarding Cameron. Students behind the press but still never recall an issue with any altercations.
Holmes seats 8300 for basketball.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”