Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

MBB vs Statesboro U, Saturday, March 9, 12:30 p.m. ET, ESPN+, Pensacola Bay Center, Pensacola, Fla., Sun Belt Qtrs

Bigdaddyg1
School: Appalachian State

Re: MBB vs Statesboro U, Saturday, March 9, 12:30 p.m. ET, ESPN+, Pensacola Bay Center, Pensacola, Fla., Sun Belt Qtrs

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:48 pm

Coastal getting whupped

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Re: MBB vs Statesboro U, Saturday, March 9, 12:30 p.m. ET, ESPN+, Pensacola Bay Center, Pensacola, Fla., Sun Belt Qtrs

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:30 pm

Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:48 pm
Coastal getting whupped
They suck lamb fries

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:54 pm

Just knew it’d be the stink. Now take care of them and don’t let them have a chance this time.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:05 pm

Too bad, was wanting a quad 3 team instead of a quad 4 team.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:28 pm

I’m good with the match up. I really think we’re hungry. As to Pensacola, a lot of spring breakers from the North East . Some of the businesses have SunBelt advertising out . Enjoyed a nice seafood platter at Shaggys on the Bay. Haven’t seen a lot of people that appear to be “ fans”. Tomorrow they should start rolling in.

agentpaul001

Unread post by agentpaul001 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:14 am

Hopefully with Apps games starting on a Saturday more fans make it down, especially with the opportunity to catch two games over a quick overnight trip.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:56 am

It will be interesting to see how well we support and follow a team that has accomplished so much.

appvette

Unread post by appvette » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:55 am

agentpaul001 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:14 am
Hopefully with Apps games starting on a Saturday more fans make it down, especially with the opportunity to catch two games over a quick overnight trip.
That's a long drive for a "quick overnight trip" :D

I wish the tournament was hosted closer or at a place with more cheap direct flights

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:20 pm

appvette wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:55 am
agentpaul001 wrote:

I wish the tournament was hosted closer or at a place with more cheap direct flights
Agree. Contract with Pensacola ends after next season I believe. Would be nice to see them re-vamp things. Perhaps go back to the old method of high seed hosts up until the semifinals and finals, then a neutral site. The lower seed play-in games could just play at the site of the opponent they'd play the following round, to eliminate an extra day needed for travel.

So much goes into these things, and cost being the biggest factor, but I've been watching Horizon League and A-Sun games this week, and nothing like a home court tournament game in terms of atmosphere. Holmes would be rocking Saturday if this game were played in Boone.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

KentHogan

Unread post by KentHogan » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:44 pm

Georgia Southern concerns me, they have two really good players and we haven’t exactly looked great against them in the previous games.

App just has to bear down and refuse to allow a defeat in the tournament. It’s hard to beat a team 3 times but that’s what it will take.

If we are truly the best team, then we just have to run the table and prove it.

I do feel our depth will help, especially if we can get past that first game!

Go App!

appfanjj

Unread post by appfanjj » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:44 pm

KentHogan wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:44 pm
Georgia Southern concerns me, they have two really good players and we haven’t exactly looked great against them in the previous games.

App just has to bear down and refuse to allow a defeat in the tournament. It’s hard to beat a team 3 times but that’s what it will take.

If we are truly the best team, then we just have to run the table and prove it.

I do feel our depth will help, especially if we can get past that first game!

Go App!
They have two. We have nine. Sometimes it's all about matchups. We're better coached. We'll win.
Don't like the day off in between games. To me it is an unfair advantage for the lower seeded teams. They stay in rhythm and get a game to adjust to the court and atmosphere.
Guys their age can easily recover from one game on one days rest. We will have to play three in a row.
Take the stairs.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:49 pm

I hope we beat them by 1,000,000,000,000
I do not want them to think they are in the game other than 0-0.. Total Destruction!!
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:34 pm

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:20 pm
appvette wrote:
agentpaul001 wrote:

Agree. Contract with Pensacola ends after next season I believe. Would be nice to see them re-vamp things. Perhaps go back to the old method of high seed hosts up until the semifinals and finals, then a neutral site. The lower seed play-in games could just play at the site of the opponent they'd play the following round, to eliminate an extra day needed for travel.

So much goes into these things, and cost being the biggest factor, but I've been watching Horizon League and A-Sun games this week, and nothing like a home court tournament game in terms of atmosphere. Holmes would be rocking Saturday if this game were played in Boone.
I'm not sure how rocking Holmes would be given it is Spring Break.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:13 pm

appgrad95&97 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:34 pm
/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:20 pm
appvette wrote:
agentpaul001 wrote:

I'm not sure how rocking Holmes would be given it is Spring Break.
Wouldn't just need students to attend for a weekend game IMO. Allows more people from surrounding areas as well as Charlotte, Raleigh, etc. to make the trip up the mountain. Also, might be some students willing to start their plans after the game Saturday, especially those that aren't going anywhere big for break. Also, we've all seen KBS rocking without a sell out or at capacity, I'm sure those that would attend could make it a great atmosphere.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:12 pm

appvette wrote:
agentpaul001 wrote:

It’s not easy to get here. Unless you live in Alabama. It needs to be rotated to the Carolinas or Virginia next go round.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:57 am

It's GameDay!! Let's Go App. St.!!
Let's beat the team with a fanbase where their mother's are also their aunts and uncles 😂😂
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

ugmw177

Unread post by ugmw177 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:12 am

Stonewall wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:12 pm
appvette wrote:
agentpaul001 wrote:

It’s not easy to get here. Unless you live in Alabama. It needs to be rotated to the Carolinas or Virginia next go round.
Spectrum Center, CLT would be a great venue

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:38 am

Watched some of the Dayton v VCU game. What I noticed about that game and several mid majors in general is the packed arena and environment in general. They have that same atmosphere we had for the Auburn and JMU games all the time. It's a bit of a downer watching many of our games home and road with a couple thousand empty seats on the screen and our Sunbelt tournament played in a virtually empty gym. Some of these mid major conferences are simply a different level of interest and dynamic.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:59 am

Take the Stairs !!!

asumba95

Unread post by asumba95 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:30 am

Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:38 am
Watched some of the Dayton v VCU game. What I noticed about that game and several mid majors in general is the packed arena and environment in general. They have that same atmosphere we had for the Auburn and JMU games all the time. It's a bit of a downer watching many of our games home and road with a couple thousand empty seats on the screen and our Sunbelt tournament played in a virtually empty gym. Some of these mid major conferences are simply a different level of interest and dynamic.
Interest, dynamic and most importantly, talent. Unfortunately, the SB is a weak bball conference top to bottom

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”