Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Who left first, players or coach Kerns?

MrCraig
School: Appalachian State

Re: Who left first, players or coach Kerns?

Unread post by MrCraig » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:23 pm

PhillyApp1 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:50 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:24 pm
RadioNeer98 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:17 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:12 pm
RadioNeer98 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:59 am
Charleston job is now open. at least 1 mill a year salary. Big sport on campus. Back in SC. Keeps a tighter pulse on the Clemson job for one day. Lets be real his phone will ring about this job.
Very true. I would hope that we have made at least a 800k or 900k offer to Kerns though.
I REALLY REALLY hope this is the case but I have my worries that athletics will not open the pocketbook to that level for basketball. I hope and pray I am wrong about this and we give him a raise to 800 or 900 K a year. Just don't see it happening here.
If Gillin believes that Kerns can bring a title next year then he absolutely should do it. It would be cheaper and quicker than if we let him go and make the wrong hire. I hope fans are calling Doug to make a huge commitment to basketball. I think our fans showed this year we have interest and want to but we have to put a good product on the court. I don't think any of us want to fall back to the Jason Capel years. I want to be a yearly contender and the only way to do that is to commit resources to the sport. Even if it takes us dropping some sports to the D1 minimum to do so I am fine with it.

Is it just me ?

I feel like I am being ransomed by college sports?

I am almost to the point of saying F U to the entertainers that are handcuffing me into thinking I should pay for my loyalty to App, to the athletes, to the system.

The breaking point is coming.... the schools make millions, the advertisers make millions, and now the athletes want $100,000's...

I am vowing to never watch or follow the SEC for doing this to college sports !!!

F the SEC and all their schools.

I feel better now 😃
Man. I hope I'm not too close to you when you find out about the rest of the entertainment industry, especially live sports. You might literally explode.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:24 pm

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:45 am
MrCraig wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:44 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:19 am
NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:15 am
I’d say that with Kerns offering juco’s recently, he is staying for now. If he was already out the door, seems he wouldn’t waste his time with that. Glad it’s been a few days and we still have Tate, Harcum, and X. That would be appealing to have an opportunity to start immediately as a big and have 3 veteran guards already on the roster.
I am not suggesting that he is likely to leave but until you sign a contract with your new employer and tell your current one that you are leaving it is smart to go about business as usual. I have heard cases where a coach was on the road recruiting and gets a call from agent that they have agreed to terms and just needs to sign a contract so they inform the recruit that they have just switched schools and want to recruit them there. Kerns would be crazy to stop recruiting for App and a deal fall through that puts him behind. Deals fall through all the time in this business.
All that's true, but it doesn't jibe with the theory that all these guys are hitting the portal because they know Kerns is leaving. If App players were transferring because they knew Kerns was leaving, then he also knows he is leaving, so why would he continue recruiting for a team/school that he knows he isn't going to coach next year?
To me, it's pointing towards those guys just wanting to see where else they can play. They want to play at a big school and might have the opportunity. I don't think it has anything to do with Kerns leaving.
You got some real good smarts
That's what my mommy tells me.

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:28 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:03 pm
PhillyApp1 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
RadioNeer98 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:

Very true. I would hope that we have made at least a 800k or 900k offer to Kerns though.
I REALLY REALLY hope this is the case but I have my worries that athletics will not open the pocketbook to that level for basketball. I hope and pray I am wrong about this and we give him a raise to 800 or 900 K a year. Just don't see it happening here.
If Gillin believes that Kerns can bring a title next year then he absolutely should do it. It would be cheaper and quicker than if we let him go and make the wrong hire. I hope fans are calling Doug to make a huge commitment to basketball. I think our fans showed this year we have interest and want to but we have to put a good product on the court. I don't think any of us want to fall back to the Jason Capel years. I want to be a yearly contender and the only way to do that is to commit resources to the sport. Even if it takes us dropping some sports to the D1 minimum to do so I am fine with it.

Is it just me ?

I am almost to the point of saying F U to the entertainers that are handcuffing me into thinking I should pay for my loyalty to App, to the athletes, to the system.

The breaking point is coming.... the schools make millions, the advertisers make millions, and now the athletes want $100,000's...

I am vowing to never watch or follow the SEC for doing this to college sports !!!

I feel better now 😃
While the SEC certainly has leveraged it's power to achieve greater access and payouts for their teams, we must not forget that the NIL originated in state legislatures and were signed into law by govenors. The first state to sign a NIL bill was California which is hardly a SEC state. Now, Florida did follow with it's own NIL rule that was implemented sooner than California but that was more in reaction to California than trying to be front runners. Living in Florida, I can say that it is doubtful the SEC had a real strong push in the legislature as Tallahassee is a Seminole town and the legislature is pretty evenly split. I am certain that all major brands in the State were pushing the legislature not to fall behind California.
But it was the SEC that blew it up first.

So i will continue to blame them.
Even Saben said so

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:31 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:23 pm
PhillyApp1 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
RadioNeer98 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:

Is it just me ?

I feel better now 😃
Man. I hope I'm not too close to you when you find out about the rest of the entertainment industry, especially live sports. You might literally explode.
I have disassociated from most live entertainment.
No concerts, No Vegas.... No NFL, NO NBA, NO BASEBALL

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:15 pm

What if I told you sports were a distraction for the masses to avoid contemplating items that are important.

- full tin foil hat guy

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:26 pm

PhillyApp1 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:31 pm
MrCraig wrote:
PhillyApp1 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
RadioNeer98 wrote:

Is it just me ?

I feel better now 😃
Hmm ..So, your watching Real Housewives of Orange County?😂😂😂
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:29 pm

Bamboo

🤔🤔🤔🤔

"Are you not entertained ?"

My wife doesn't know...... yet

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:39 pm

PhillyApp1 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:29 pm
Bamboo

🤔🤔🤔🤔

"Are you not entertained ?"

My wife doesn't know...... yet
Funny guy
With a little Nirvana thrown in there
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:16 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:26 pm
PhillyApp1 wrote:
MrCraig wrote:
PhillyApp1 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:

Is it just me ?

I feel better now 😃
At least most of those women stick around for a few seasons.
Hey-o! Thank you, thank you! I’ll be here all weekend.

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:32 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:16 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:26 pm
PhillyApp1 wrote:
MrCraig wrote:
PhillyApp1 wrote:

Is it just me ?

I feel better now 😃
At least most of those women stick around for a few seasons.
Hey-o! Thank you, thank you! I’ll be here all weekend.
Its all about the $$$$$$$ ..... forget the beat

Even with the Real Housewives

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”