Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Kerns agrees to new contract

AppStFan1
School: Appalachian State

Re: Kerns agrees to new contract

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:41 pm

AppFan11 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:32 pm
Very good… now let’s see how many of our starting 7…… will return.
Spillers is definitely gone and I don't expect Abson back. Not sure we have enough resources but I would love to get Abson back. Brown is a good defender but not a big scorer so I think we can replace that and he wants to be close to home. I would imagine Harcum is the biggest priority of those in portal that we could possibly return and Marsh is second. I think we upgrade from Mantis and I expect Kerns to hit JUCO for players with 2 or 3 years left to play for a few spots and the rest from the portal. It will be interesting to see what he is able to bring to Boone.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AppFan11

Unread post by AppFan11 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:55 pm

That sounds about right…. I do hope both Marsh and Harcum come back and really think Abson comes back(I said I think) have a feeling kind of thing….. I do like Kerns and he has more than proven himself as a recruiter and portal evaluator…. It’s kind of cool to be thinking about basketball in the off-season.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:11 pm

AppFan11 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:55 pm
That sounds about right…. I do hope both Marsh and Harcum come back and really think Abson comes back(I said I think) have a feeling kind of thing….. I do like Kerns and he has more than proven himself as a recruiter and portal evaluator…. It’s kind of cool to be thinking about basketball in the off-season.
I agree on basketball in the off-season. It is indeed cool to be thinking about it.

I would love to get Abson back but that is going to be a hard task and I don't expect it but would be a huge home run if we can get him.

Of those who entered the portal I will be really happy if we can get Harcum and Marsh back. If we don't I am sure Kerns can get some good players to take those spots.

AppFan11

Unread post by AppFan11 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:30 pm

With 744 players in the portal ….. there’s a lot of players with pretty good stats at PF….. guess time will tell.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”