Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Bracket Buster

tea76

Bracket Buster

Unread post by tea76 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:57 pm

Remember a few years ago when we beat Wichita State in an ESPN Bracket Buster game? My how the programs have diverged since then. Us struggling to win 10 games, them undefeated and ranked #3.

asutrnr81

Re: Bracket Buster

Unread post by asutrnr81 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:41 am

tea76 wrote:Remember a few years ago when we beat Wichita State in an ESPN Bracket Buster game? My how the programs have diverged since then. Us struggling to win 10 games, them undefeated and ranked #3.
I said that to a friend of mine the other day and he did not believe we had played them, much less beat them.....
Go APPS!

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:15 am

asutrnr81 wrote:
tea76 wrote:Remember a few years ago when we beat Wichita State in an ESPN Bracket Buster game? My how the programs have diverged since then. Us struggling to win 10 games, them undefeated and ranked #3.
I said that to a friend of mine the other day and he did not believe we had played them, much less beat them.....
I am sure there are some out there, but are there any schools that have done this stellar rise in basketball AND had football. Gonzaga has been sans football since 1941. Wichita State dropped football in 1986. Schools like Butler and Davidson and Georgetown play non-scholly FCS. Is there a school we can look to as a role-model for success in basketball that funds scholly football?

With the exception of the BCS schools with a tonne of money what schools are playing high level scholly football and high level scholly basketball? Maybe some of the MV/MVFC? (Are we still considering FCS high level football?)
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:55 am

Good chance they will be ranked #1 tomorrow.
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:21 pm

Believe that #1 will go to Florida ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:04 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
I am sure there are some out there, but are there any schools that have done this stellar rise in basketball AND had football. Gonzaga has been sans football since 1941. Wichita State dropped football in 1986. Schools like Butler and Davidson and Georgetown play non-scholly FCS. Is there a school we can look to as a role-model for success in basketball that funds scholly football?

With the exception of the BCS schools with a tonne of money what schools are playing high level scholly football and high level scholly basketball? Maybe some of the MV/MVFC? (Are we still considering FCS high level football?)
Boise St.
Middle Tenn. St.
San Diego St.
Southern Mississippi (until the last couple years in football)

The first two seem more relevant for App, as both are relative newcomers to FBS football.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”