Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Collegiate Bkb's spring signing period is now under way

asu66
School: Appalachian State

Collegiate Bkb's spring signing period is now under way

Unread post by asu66 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:10 am

Division I college basketball's spring signing period began at midnight and runs thru May 21. ASU appears to have five scholarships available. I envision three signings for 2014; with two held over for 2015.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

EastHallApp

Re: Collegiate Bkb's spring signing period is now under way

Unread post by EastHallApp » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:01 am

Sounds about right. For one, doubt we can find five worthy recruits at this late stage. Besides that, have to consider the possibility (likelihood?) of scholarship losses due to APR.

HeffnerIV

Unread post by HeffnerIV » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:51 am

EastHallApp wrote:Sounds about right. For one, doubt we can find five worthy recruits at this late stage. Besides that, have to consider the possibility (likelihood?) of scholarship losses due to APR.
Not only that, but we probably don't want to concentrate five scholarships into one year so that we don't have such a large exodus in four/five years.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:40 am

HeffnerIV wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:Sounds about right. For one, doubt we can find five worthy recruits at this late stage. Besides that, have to consider the possibility (likelihood?) of scholarship losses due to APR.
Not only that, but we probably don't want to concentrate five scholarships into one year so that we don't have such a large exodus in four/five years.
You could avoid that by taking a mix of HS recruits and jucos/transfers. We may well do that a year or two down the road. I just have to think Fox will be able to get better players after having a year to recruit to App than trying to patch together a large 2014 class with most guys already signed or committed elsewhere.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:29 pm

Based on T-Dog's earlier calculations, ASU's going to be on the bubble--likely falling short of the cutoff by a fraction. If that's the case, I think a one year post-season play ban is the likely outcome. Of course, after the high level Fancher's teams achieved, a post-season ban is a huge fall from grace. I can't fathom what Capel was thinking to let it get away from him so quickly--and so badly.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:33 pm

asu66 wrote:
Based on T-Dog's earlier calculations, ASU's going to be on the bubble--likely falling short of the cutoff by a fraction. If that's the case, I think a one year post-season play ban is the likely outcome. Of course, after the high level Fancher's teams achieved, a post-season ban is a huge fall from grace. I can't fathom what Capel was thinking to let it get away from him so quickly--and so badly.
I hope you're right. A postseason ban next year is, in effect, probably no penalty at all (maybe banning us from getting knocked out of the Sun Belt tourney early, if we're better than expected). Avoiding scholarship reductions would be huge.

Cincy App

Unread post by Cincy App » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:59 pm

I'm curious what our APR penalty will ultimately be for next season. I intend to review the regulations and penalties when able. Losing one scholarship for next season would not be too detrimental since we are unlikely to add 5 players at this stage anyway. A one-year postseason ban would only be significant if it prevents the Apps from participating in the conference tournament. Anyway, it is what it is. We can only move forward from here.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:47 pm

Dustin Clarke was been given a scholarship.

Based on what I calculated, a perfect APR score added to the four-year average won't help, and it's unlikely the score will be perfect. Those two sub-900 years really hurt, especially with the postseason ban thresh-hold going from 900 to 930.

930 is equivalent to half the team graduating.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”