Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Asst. Coaches What do we KNOW

asutrnr81

Asst. Coaches What do we KNOW

Unread post by asutrnr81 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:33 am

So are Lentz and Allison official?

Lentz' twitter account has an App background...

Allison's still has VMI....

According to a local coach Allison was in the neighborhood...
Go APPS!

EastHallApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Asst. Coaches What do we KNOW

Unread post by EastHallApp » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:42 am

Pretty sure Allison is on board. Heard that straight from the Fox's mouth at the Raleigh Yosef Club event the other night.

Only reason I'm hedging very slightly is that I didn't actually catch the name, just heard that he had brought on the guy who was responsible for recruiting at VMI, which seems to match Allison's bio.

He actually named the third assistant as well, but I didn't catch that name.

spong

Unread post by spong » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:48 am

Bryan Lentz seems like a pretty sure thing too.

I think that Bryan Lentz, if he is willing to do the hard travel required for recruiting, is a great coach to bring in and is a real steal.

Jason Allison is currently the recruiting coordinator at VMI. Honestly VMI has our recruited us the last few years they have several players I would have loved seen come to App. I think he could be a real game-changer as an assistant coach.

I really Coach Duggar at VMI as the head coach but Coach Fox and Coach Allison together should be a pretty awesome pair and really a better fit for what we need.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:02 pm

EastHallApp wrote:Pretty sure Allison is on board. Heard that straight from the Fox's mouth at the Raleigh Yosef Club event the other night.

Only reason I'm hedging very slightly is that I didn't actually catch the name, just heard that he had brought on the guy who was responsible for recruiting at VMI, which seems to match Allison's bio.

I saw on Twitter (T-Dog?) that an assistant coach from Canisius might be one of the assistants.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:26 pm

hapapp wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:Pretty sure Allison is on board. Heard that straight from the Fox's mouth at the Raleigh Yosef Club event the other night.

I saw on Twitter (T-Dog?) that an assistant coach from Canisius might be one of the assistants.
I've been a complete failure at confirming that one. :oops: The coach in question does not seem to have a Twitter account; so it's almost impossible to "nail" down his oft rumored job change. Who knew a person could survive in this mediacentric world w/o a Twitter account?
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:37 pm

asu66 wrote:
hapapp wrote:

I've been a complete failure at confirming that one. :oops: The coach in question does not seem to have a Twitter account; so it's almost impossible to "nail" down his oft rumored job change. Who knew a person could survive in this mediacentric world w/o a Twitter account?
Don't feel bad. I haven't been able to either. Beginning to think I'm losing my edge. :lol: But I'm hitting the honing stone and I'll never stop digging. ;)

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:21 pm

Fox definitely said Lentz was on board as well. I didn't mention him because I figured we were already assuming he's a done deal.

Kgfish

Unread post by Kgfish » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:45 am

Jason Allison is no longer listed on the VMI website.

Wishing everyone a Glorious Easter!
No Generation Has The Right To Contract Debts Greater Than Can Be Paid Off During It's Own Existence.

George Washington

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”