Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Men's BBall at UNCC

MAD Doctor
School: Appalachian State

Re: Men's BBall at UNCC

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:05 pm

Agree, JT.
We couldn't ask Fox to do more than he has under the current conditions. Let's keep up the support and take our lumps knowing that good things may be around the corner.

Charfan
School: Charlotte

Unread post by Charfan » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:07 pm

Maybe Charlotte will hire Fox away from App. What's his buyout?

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:30 pm

Charfan wrote:Maybe Charlotte will hire Fox away from App. What's his buyout?
I don't think the Hornets are interested.

Oh you mean UNCC. UNCC probably has too much $ tied up in that dumpster fire of a football program to splurge on Fox. Better check out some Big South Conference coaches.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:32 pm

UNCC-at Concord has never hired a coach away from us. Nice show of support for your coach though. :roll:

Charfan

Unread post by Charfan » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:39 pm

UNC Charlotte is not in Concord. It's also not in Harrisburg. Get your facts straight.

Moving to UNC Charlotte would be a move up for Fox.

As far as your comment about supporting our coach goes, I want him to leave.

As far as our football team being a dumpster fire, the players who bust their asses, coaches who work their tails off and fans who have supported them from day one wouldn't agree.

We may not be a NATIONAL power in football like the great Appalachian St., but were pretty happy about where we are. Not everyone can be a perennial FBS top ranked team like the mighty Mountaineers.

We will see how much of a dumpster fire it is when we play in a few years. You better pray you beat us. Doesn't seem like your egos could handle a loss to us.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:50 pm

Charfan wrote:UNC Charlotte is not in Concord. It's also not in Harrisburg. Get your facts straight.

As far as our football team being a dumpster fire, the players who bust their asses, coaches who work their tails off and fans who have supported them from day one wouldn't agree.

We may not be a NATIONAL power in football like the great Appalachian St., but were pretty happy about where we are. Not everyone can be a perennial FBS top ranked team like the mighty Mountaineers.

We will see how much of a dumpster fire it is when we play in a few years. You better pray you beat us. Doesn't seem like your egos could handle a loss to us.
Ahem. There's a hyphen between UNC and Harrisburg.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

Charfan

Unread post by Charfan » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:29 pm

You are wrong. There is a hyphen between UNC and Charlotte.

Because the university is in Charlotte. It's not in Harrisburg.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:44 pm

Charfan wrote:You are wrong. There is a hyphen between UNC and Charlotte.

Because the university is in Charlotte. It's not in Harrisburg.
I get it. I grew up in the Charlotte burbs. About 30 minutes from uptown. I'm from "Charlotte" too.

Good luck for the rest of the year on the hardwood and good luck winning a game and/or breaking that elusive 10,000 actual attendance mark next fall.

Charfan

Unread post by Charfan » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:02 pm

Not sure where this attitude about uncc not being in Charlotte comes from but it's pretty stupid. You can call it unc concord, unc Harrisburg or whatever as long as you want but it won't change the fact that it's in Charlotte. If it weren't in Charlotte the powers that be wouldn't be investing over a billion dollars in a light rail line that extends from center city to UNCC. That line is running from downtown Charlotte to UNCC. All within the confines of the city.

Again not sure where all the UNCC hate comes from on this board. I guess everyone likes to think they have SOMEONE to look down their noses at.

Appalachian is a great school with a lot to be proud of. I don't think you should try to belittle what our university family is proud of.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:07 pm

Charfan wrote:UNC Charlotte is not in Concord. It's also not in Harrisburg. Get your facts straight.

You're going to talk about our egos, when you troll our board and talk about being able to just take our basketball coach? I'm glad you are happy where your football program is- competing with Johnson C Smith and D-3 schools in front of a dwindling fan base of 12,000. It's a shame that your administration had to pull tickets reserved for students and sell them to the general public since students weren't interested.

Charfan

Unread post by Charfan » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:12 pm

Nobody's trolling you man. I game by for a little gentle ribbing after winning a great game (which you guys played well in) and you guys go zero to 60 in 2 posts.

Calm down and enjoy the banter guys.

Remember we are all in this together. We're the G5!

Charfan

Unread post by Charfan » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:13 pm

And no I don't honestly think we can just take your coach. That was an absurd statement made in jest.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:17 pm

For a guy who is CLEARLY pretty young you sure are having a lame Saturday night. Try driving downtown from campus. Only 20 minutes or so once you hit 85. :lol:

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:19 pm

Gonzo wrote:For a guy who is CLEARLY pretty young you sure are having a lame Saturday night. Try driving downtown from campus. Only 20 minutes or so once you hit 85. :lol:
That's 20 minutes from campus. No telling where the "dorm" is. :lol:
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

Charfan

Unread post by Charfan » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:26 pm

Gonzo wrote:For a guy who is CLEARLY pretty young you sure are having a lame Saturday night. Try driving downtown from campus. Only 20 minutes or so once you hit 85. :lol:
Strange statement from the other guy posting tonight.

Charfan

Unread post by Charfan » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:28 pm

AppinVA wrote:
That's 20 minutes from campus. No telling where the "dorm" is. :lol:
The dorm is on campus. On the campus in Charlotte. And there is plenty of fun to be had. Both nearby and 20 minutes away in downtown.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:33 pm

Well maybe they'll have that train finished by the time you're old enough to drink. :lol:

Charfan

Unread post by Charfan » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:39 pm

Gonzo wrote:Well maybe they'll have that train finished by the time you're old enough to drink. :lol:
Probably not. But it's going to be cool nonetheless.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:56 am

Don't be so naive to believe the north line is being put in for UNCC.

UNCC students will make up less than 2% of users once it is in.

Charfan

Unread post by Charfan » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:19 am

Saint3333 wrote:Don't be so naive to believe the north line is being put in for UNCC.

UNCC students will make up less than 2% of users once it is in.
I never said it was being put in just for UNCC. But the fact is that there is going to be a station very close to our football stadium and a station right on campus, across the street from one of the dorms. And just to be clear, that light rail line, the "dorm" and the campus are all in the city of Charlotte. They are not investing over a billion dollars to run that line to Harrisburg or to Concord. It's being run to the campus of UNCC which is in Charlotte. And yes this isn't being built just FOR UNCC but luckily UNCC is an important part of the city of Charlotte and we are going to see benefits from this massive investment.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”