Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Men's BBall at UNCC

Saint3333

Re: Men's BBall at UNCC

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:59 am

UNcC benefits greatly being located near Charlotte. In reality they should be well ahead of where they are in many facets.

The north line would be headed north with or without the university being 20 miles north of the city was my point.

huskie3
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by huskie3 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:32 am

Isn't this line also going to the Speedway and Concord Mills? Are they in Charlotte?
Bring Your A Game!

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:58 am

huskie3 wrote:Isn't this line also going to the Speedway and Concord Mills? Are they in Charlotte?
With a name like charlotte motor speedway, it has to be in charlotte, right?
Give 'em hell!

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:23 pm

BeauFoster wrote:
huskie3 wrote:Isn't this line also going to the Speedway and Concord Mills? Are they in Charlotte?

And the New York Giants and Jets don't play in New Jersey. :lol:

Charfan
School: Charlotte

Unread post by Charfan » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:07 pm

Saint3333 wrote:UNcC benefits greatly being located near Charlotte. In reality they should be well ahead of where they are in many facets.

The north line would be headed north with or without the university being 20 miles north of the city was my point.

UNCC benefits greatly from being IN Charlotte. Gets your facts straight.

Charfan

Unread post by Charfan » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:07 pm

No and No

Charfan

Unread post by Charfan » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:09 pm

TheMoody1 wrote:
BeauFoster wrote:

And the New York Giants and Jets don't play in New Jersey. :lol:

The fact that the giants and jets play off of being NEAR NY has nothing to do with our situation. UNCC is actually in the city of Charlotte. It is part of the city.

Charfan

Unread post by Charfan » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:10 pm

BeauFoster wrote:

No

Charfan

Unread post by Charfan » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:12 pm

Saint3333 wrote:UNcC benefits greatly being located near Charlotte. In reality they should be well ahead of where they are in many facets.

9.3 miles from city center to be exact. Again get your facts straight.

http://charmeck.org/city/charlotte/cats ... fault.aspx

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:34 pm

It takes 20 minutes with no traffic to get to campus. It is currently difficult to get there.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:35 pm

Why are some of us being so petty about this?

HeffnerIV

Unread post by HeffnerIV » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:58 pm

hapapp wrote:Why are some of us being so petty about this?
I'm pretty sure these guys are just tossing bait. They can't help if they're just good fishermen.

Charfan

Unread post by Charfan » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:03 pm

Saint3333 wrote:It takes 20 minutes with no traffic to get to campus. It is currently difficult to get there.
The fact that it takes 20 minutes to get downtown from UNCC has nothing to do with the original point. Your statement that it is DIFFICULT to get there is pure opinion. Many people that work in Charlotte every day commute from far and wide and would not consider that a difficult journey. Not by a long shot.

Niner National

Unread post by Niner National » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:07 pm

actually, it wouldn't be. The only reason the line qualified for federal funding was because the University propped up expected ridership high enough. It might have gotten funding to go north to the NoDa area, but there is no chance it would have gone farther than that because the line wouldn't have gotten federal funding and the city certainly couldn't fund it on its own.

Lack of federal funding due to low ridership projections is why we do not have a line planned to the airport.

I know you're probably just trolling, but I just wanted to clear that up in case you legitimately just didn't know. Most people don't know how federal funding for rail transit projects works.

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:14 pm

Niner National wrote:

actually, it wouldn't be. The only reason the line qualified for federal funding was because the University propped up expected ridership high enough. It might have gotten funding to go north to the NoDa area, but there is no chance it would have gone farther than that because the line wouldn't have gotten federal funding and the city certainly couldn't fund it on its own.

Lack of federal funding due to low ridership projections is why we do not have a line planned to the airport.
The city should have used the federal money from the idiotic trolley on the lightrail. From what I understand it was a mass transit grant so that could have been redirected to the light rail that actually gets ridership. I guess brilant decisions like that are what got Fox to DC.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

Niner National

Unread post by Niner National » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:19 pm

JTApps1 wrote:
Niner National wrote:

The city should have used the federal money from the idiotic trolley on the lightrail. From what I understand it was a mass transit grant so that could have been redirected to the light rail that actually gets ridership. I guess brilant decisions like that are what got Fox to DC.
The street car line was funded almost entirely with federal money that was designated specifically for new projects. It wouldn't have qualified for use on the light rail line. It was also only $25 million, which would have covered less than a half mile of light rail.

I agree that the street car is kind of pointless, but the options were pretty much just take the money and build streetcar or get no money at all.

The streetcar wouldn't be bad if it ran from Plaza-Midwood all the way across uptown, but that is 15+ years away from being realistic.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:58 pm

HeffnerIV wrote:
hapapp wrote:Why are some of us being so petty about this?
I'm pretty sure these guys are just tossing bait. They can't help if they're just good fishermen.
Hef you're giving away our secret. This really is too easy. If it didn't bother them so much they wouldn't respond.

moehler

Unread post by moehler » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:29 pm

actually this is closer to "shooting fish in a barrel" than fishing with bait, just way, too easy.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:50 pm

Shooting fish in a barrel IN Charlotte. Get your facts straight. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Charfan

Unread post by Charfan » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:58 pm

MAD Doctor wrote:Shooting fish in a barrel IN Charlotte. Get your facts straight. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice! Now you guys are learning something. You've mastered the fact that UNC Charlotte is actually in Charlotte. The sky is the limit for you now!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”