Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Men's BBall at UNCC

asu66
School: Appalachian State

Re: Men's BBall at UNCC

Unread post by asu66 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:08 pm

MAD Doctor wrote:Agree, JT.
We couldn't ask Fox to do more than he has under the current conditions. Let's keep up the support and take our lumps knowing that good things may be around the corner.
We're definitely going to win some games. The Sunbelt is six or seven upgrades above the SoCon, but there's room for the Apps to kick a few SunBelt teams to the curb. Fox already has his team 100+ positions higher in RPI ratings than a year ago...#213 at the moment.

The Sunbelt presently has three teams in the RPI 150 and most of the others fall into the 150 to 250 range. GaState leads the pack at RPI #39 followed a little down the list by Tx-Arlington and GaSouth.. South'Bama is the outlier--presently 0 - 7 on the season and at a bad, bad RPI #342.

The next two games at the stAte Red Wolves and home with the Ragin' Cajuns of UL-L will tell us a great deal.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:09 pm

Charfan wrote:
MAD Doctor wrote:Oh, you're back. Obsess much?
I do hope you can pull yourself away from our board long enough to enjoy your holiday.

As for 2019, if Judy's plan was to wait until you could beat us, that 's not looking too good for you, plus your fan base is receding faster than Coach Major's hairline. So troll on- I'm sure it gets lonely on your board. :D

I'm enjoying my holiday in part BECAUSE of your fine board. I think it's one of the best boards out there and I peruse it often because I like to keep myself current with the happenings on our closest peer program. I also think your board members are USUALLY some of the wisest and most reasonable fans on the Net. I think that gets lost sometimes when it comes to UNCC. Still trying to figure out WHY.

I have no idea what Judy's plan is or was. I'm just glad we are scheduled to play. I think it's safe to assume that if we waited for anything it was only to have a CHANCE to be competitive. App St. has a fine football program and anyone thinking it would only take 5 years to guarantee victory against App going from zero to FBS in that time, well they just aren't thinking correctly. I certainly don't think that way and no informed Niner fan I know think that way. We are all just glad we get to play a close regional peer institution. Somewhere we all have friends and family who are associated with. It's going to be a good game and a good event for both sides.

As far as the fan base receding. No kidding. We have to get our students in line. Our alumni are doing fine but the student body is really failing.

As far as Major's hairline, man that's low. The guy can't help what his hair looks like. That's genetics. He might not be the best coach out there but he runs a tight ship and has a good reputation so please if your going to crap on him pick something besides his hair. That's just cheap.

And for anyone in here who think I'm trolling please refer to the entire thread. All I did is GENTLY rib you guys TWICE after we beat you in hoops. That's good natured ribbing gentlemen. If that was too harsh then you guys need to toughen up.

I did not get negative on App. I still have not gotten negative on App. I never will, because I have nothing negative to say about App. You guys went negative on UNCC right off the bat and if you think I'm not going to respond to that you're crazy.
Your closest peer football program at present is Johnson. C. Smith University.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:19 pm

Charlotte has a football team?

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:33 am

asu66 wrote:
MAD Doctor wrote:Agree, JT.
We couldn't ask Fox to do more than he has under the current conditions. Let's keep up the support and take our lumps knowing that good things may be around the corner.
We're definitely going to win some games. The Sunbelt is six or seven upgrades above the SoCon, but there's room for the Apps to kick a few SunBelt teams to the curb. Fox already has his team 100+ positions higher in RPI ratings than a year ago...#213 at the moment.

The Sunbelt presently has three teams in the RPI 150 and most of the others fall into the 150 to 250 range. GaState leads the pack at RPI #39 followed a little down the list by Tx-Arlington and GaSouth.. South'Bama is the outlier--presently 0 - 7 on the season and at a bad, bad RPI #342.

The next two games at the stAte Red Wolves and home with the Ragin' Cajuns of UL-L will tell us a great deal.
I don't think they are 6 or 7 grades above Davidson's team that made their run deep into the NCAA playoffs the other year. Just sayin'.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”