Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

USA @ App State 7:30 PM Holmes Convocation Center

diehardapp18
School: Appalachian State

Re: USA @ App State 7:30 PM Holmes Convocation Center

Unread post by diehardapp18 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:05 pm

T-Dog wrote:I didn't see a single glowstick last night. They had glowsticks last week, but not a human tunnel. They were all in the stands.

If promotions but half as much effort into getting a raucous student section as they did the Junior Mountaineer Kids Club, it'd be great. A raucous student section would be a high tide that raises all ships. Cause if the students don't care, why should any casual person care?

It's gonna take a William Wallace type student to organize and get fellow students excited not just to go to the games, but to go nuts during the game.
i'm a freshman student and i've been to almost all the home games. the student section is a joke, my student sections in hs were way better. i was thinking i'd love to help make a difference because coach fox and the team deserve great fan support. crowds are improving but the energy is still lifeless. so many great teams feed off energy from the crowd, it only makes me wonder how much higher the ceiling for our team could be with a student section that goes nuts every night. if you have any ideas for how i could help accomplish this, please let me know. i'm being serious

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:15 pm

diehardapp18 wrote:
T-Dog wrote:I didn't see a single glowstick last night. They had glowsticks last week, but not a human tunnel. They were all in the stands.

If promotions but half as much effort into getting a raucous student section as they did the Junior Mountaineer Kids Club, it'd be great. A raucous student section would be a high tide that raises all ships. Cause if the students don't care, why should any casual person care?

It's gonna take a William Wallace type student to organize and get fellow students excited not just to go to the games, but to go nuts during the game.
i'm a freshman student and i've been to almost all the home games. the student section is a joke, my student sections in hs were way better. i was thinking i'd love to help make a difference because coach fox and the team deserve great fan support. crowds are improving but the energy is still lifeless. so many great teams feed off energy from the crowd, it only makes me wonder how much higher the ceiling for our team could be with a student section that goes nuts every night. if you have any ideas for how i could help accomplish this, please let me know. i'm being serious
My first thought is to bring this up to the student Yosef Club. I am guessing you are a member ($25 if you are not.) I was under the impression this was a club with officers and such. That does not guarantee anything of course, but maybe a few like minds can brainstorm a bit.

I also think some email blasts to student emails could help. Cheap contests, and that may be happening already based on a twitter feed I saw the other night.

I don't think it is impossible to change things around, but that is a discussion this board has had. Winning is what is really needed in the end.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:00 pm

Just have some astudents stand at the front and go nuts during the game. do it with conviction and no fear for looking silly. Take over. It'll build from there.

When I was a student in the 06-07 season where App was a legit NCAA at-large contender, I got tired of the bad student turnouts. So me, the guy who runs the 247 site now and some others got the AD's office to make us a number of fliers go do a dorm storm. Even then, we got less fliers than originally thought because the school was being cheap. Still, there were legit 5,000 people at the next game, most of them students going nuts.

Goapps15

Unread post by Goapps15 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:40 pm

diehardapp18 wrote:

Diehard,

I am a senior and have struggled with this for 4 years now. I sit in the front row game after game. No matter what I do it is impossible to get the students loud or to give a damn.

At the end of the Georgia State game we just said screw it and stood up. If people couldn't see then they could stand up. PM me sometime I'd love to help you out from one App student to another.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:00 pm

Dare I see a rebirth of the Mountaineer Maniacs starting here? It would be great to see a crazy student section.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:35 pm

Saint3333 wrote:Dare I see a rebirth of the Mountaineer Maniacs starting here? It would be great to see a crazy student section.
Mountaineer Maniacs was just starting up when I was in school. How long did that name last for the student section? Do they have any similar "brand" now?

Not that you necessarily need one, just curious. That name brings back back many fond memories. Honestly basketball was a bigger deal for most of my crew than football in those days.

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:41 am

In 2001/02 we called ourselves "The Appsholes." We loved the fact the players and coaches would hear everything we said.... until we were asked to leave. Now I'm old and sit alone as I pursue another degree. Funny how times change..... I still find myself being stared at.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:44 am

EastHallApp wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:Dare I see a rebirth of the Mountaineer Maniacs starting here? It would be great to see a crazy student section.
Mountaineer Maniacs was just starting up when I was in school. How long did that name last for the student section? Do they have any similar "brand" now?

Not that you necessarily need one, just curious. That name brings back back many fond memories. Honestly basketball was a bigger deal for most of my crew than football in those days.
Late 90's. Time to bring them back.

diehardapp18

Unread post by diehardapp18 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:37 pm

Goapps15 wrote:
diehardapp18 wrote:

Diehard,

I am a senior and have struggled with this for 4 years now. I sit in the front row game after game. No matter what I do it is impossible to get the students loud or to give a damn.

At the end of the Georgia State game we just said screw it and stood up. If people couldn't see then they could stand up. PM me sometime I'd love to help you out from one App student to another.
i will pm you

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:36 pm

BUTCH1991 wrote:DJ said the crowd was just under 1,600. Not great at all, but a lot better than some nights.
And tons better than last year!!!
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”