Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Honor Roll

Rick0714
School: Appalachian State

Honor Roll

Unread post by Rick0714 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:24 am

Appalachian released the list of those student athletes that made the honor roll. It's an impressive list, but with our APR issues in Men's basketball, I found it very interesting that we placed 8 members of the men's team on the honor roll. SIX of the eight are players that Fox has brought in, in his first year! Dustin Clarke and Rantavious Gilbert were the holdovers (someone double-check me). Very impressive in MHO. Congratulations to all our student athletes that made the honor roll!

http://www.appstatesports.com/ViewArtic ... =209873202

3rd

Re: Honor Roll

Unread post by 3rd » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:35 am

Rick0714 wrote:Appalachian released the list of those student athletes that made the honor roll. It's an impressive list, but with our APR issues in Men's basketball, I found it very interesting that we placed 8 members of the men's team on the honor roll. SIX of the eight are players that Fox has brought in, in his first year! Dustin Clarke and Rantavious Gilbert were the holdovers (someone double-check me). Very impressive in MHO. Congratulations to all our student athletes that made the honor roll!

Well done to all the athletes!!! The only thing I am holding my breath on is that basketball did this well last year as APR scores are a year behind.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:25 pm

If that list doesn't make all App alumni simply swell with pride; then they weren't paying very close attention. I looked carefully for any indication of a Department of Afro-American Studies. Guess what--there was no such indication. :D

Well done, young Mountaineers!
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:10 pm

3rd wrote:
Rick0714 wrote:Appalachian released the list of those student athletes that made the honor roll. It's an impressive list, but with our APR issues in Men's basketball, I found it very interesting that we placed 8 members of the men's team on the honor roll. SIX of the eight are players that Fox has brought in, in his first year! Dustin Clarke and Rantavious Gilbert were the holdovers (someone double-check me). Very impressive in MHO. Congratulations to all our student athletes that made the honor roll!

Well done to all the athletes!!! The only thing I am holding my breath on is that basketball did this well last year as APR scores are a year behind.
IIRC, when App announced the APR penalty, they said that last year's grades were very high, to the point that it was almost certain the penalties would be limited to just this season.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:43 pm

My favorite thread of the entire year. Congrats to these STUDENT athletes!

264 is over half of the population, which I know is a higher percentage than that of the general student body.

Women's T&F killed it.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:05 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
3rd wrote:

IIRC, when App announced the APR penalty, they said that last year's grades were very high, to the point that it was almost certain the penalties would be limited to just this season.
There is a caveat to the APR rule that if the APR average is over 950 in the last two years, penalties will be dropped. The 2012-13 score was 979 (scores are one year behind) and 2013-14, which will be released in May, should be in the same range.

DoubleA

Unread post by DoubleA » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:13 pm

proud to say my son is on the list with 16 of his MSOC teammates. Great showing for MSOC - 17 out of 24 were recognized and I hear they set the pace for highest GPA among mens sports. These young men work extremely hard balancing the demands of academic studies with long bus rides and missed classes, late nights and early mornings. If nothing else, they will learn how to manage time. Very well done! At the end of the day, our student athletes will make their biggest impact for our school after they graduate and go out into the working world and represent ASU as proud alums and future leaders

asutrnr81

Unread post by asutrnr81 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:09 pm

DoubleA wrote:proud to say my son is on the list with 16 of his MSOC teammates. Great showing for MSOC - 17 out of 24 were recognized and I hear they set the pace for highest GPA among mens sports. These young men work extremely hard balancing the demands of academic studies with long bus rides and missed classes, late nights and early mornings. If nothing else, they will learn how to manage time. Very well done! At the end of the day, our student athletes will make their biggest impact for our school after they graduate and go out into the working world and represent ASU as proud alums and future leaders
I am with you AA. T-buck made the honor roll again. Right now he'd graduate with honors. While he does not play, his contributions come from behind the lens.
Go APPS!

CheckYosef94

Unread post by CheckYosef94 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:33 pm

Capel went to Carolina. He forgot that athletes at App have to go to class. That's why our APR was so low.
The mountains are calling and I must go

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:57 pm

DoubleA wrote:proud to say my son is on the list with 16 of his MSOC teammates. Great showing for MSOC - 17 out of 24 were recognized and I hear they set the pace for highest GPA among mens sports. These young men work extremely hard balancing the demands of academic studies with long bus rides and missed classes, late nights and early mornings. If nothing else, they will learn how to manage time. Very well done! At the end of the day, our student athletes will make their biggest impact for our school after they graduate and go out into the working world and represent ASU as proud alums and future leaders
How do you feel about removing the track in KBS?
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:14 pm

NewApp wrote:
How do you feel about removing the track in KBS?
What?
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:17 pm

Whoops. I misread the post. I was thinking track. :oops:
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:21 pm

Gotcha. Chalk it up to Wednesday.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

app97

Unread post by app97 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:46 pm

surprised not to see Obacha on this list, based on what I've heard about him. Of course, maybe he's in more challenging classes than some teammates. I believe he's a double major in Econ and International Bus. or something similar.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”