Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Recruiting, 2014

Yosef
Site Admin
School: Appalachian State

Re: Recruiting, 2014

Unread post by Yosef » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:52 am

firemoose wrote:Hey Yosef, do you think you could put a smilie of one banging his head against a brick wall in our selection. Not sure why but that seems to appeal to me right now.
I'll see what I can find :grin:

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:25 pm

From twitter and internet reports I've added SG/SF Ricky Council (6' 4" 180) of Northern High School in Durham, NC to the Main Page and placed a player page up for him. No video on the page since the only clip I can find is a little 34 second clip with him dunking. I'll put it below. If any more video comes up I'll add it to his page. He is showing additional offers from UTC, Gardner-Webb, and Radford.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:30 pm

[quote="firemoose"]

Finally reports are App has offered PG Nate Mason (5' 11" 160). Now here's the problem. Rivals is showing him from Jacksonville FL (Arlington Country Day). ESPN and Future150 are showing him from Decatur GA (Columbia High School) and 247 is showing him from Decatur GA (Shiloh High School). Rivals shows him at no stars. ESPN at three. Future150 at two stars. And the pictures are all of the same kid. Now either there are three of him, triplets, or he really gets around. Combined Nate Mason is showing offers from Clemson, George Mason, Ga St, Harvard, LaSalle, Lehigh, Towson, UAB, Virginia and William & Mary. I am putting him on the Main page for now until the picture becomes clearer.

I just love this stuff. :roll:

This is a fairly common occurence. Per 2013 recruiting pages on about every site one can name, Harold Givens is listed as a Columbus, GA native attending the Quality Education Academy in Winston Salem. To the contrary, Givens claims on his Twitter page to be from New Orleans, LA. Oh, and he lives in Winston-Salem, but plays AAU ball for the South Carolina Raptors Elite. He, too, apparently gets around!
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:03 pm

asu66 wrote:
firemoose wrote:
Finally reports are App has offered PG Nate Mason (5' 11" 160). Now here's the problem. Rivals is showing him from Jacksonville FL (Arlington Country Day). ESPN and Future150 are showing him from Decatur GA (Columbia High School) and 247 is showing him from Decatur GA (Shiloh High School). Rivals shows him at no stars. ESPN at three. Future150 at two stars. And the pictures are all of the same kid. Now either there are three of him, triplets, or he really gets around. Combined Nate Mason is showing offers from Clemson, George Mason, Ga St, Harvard, LaSalle, Lehigh, Towson, UAB, Virginia and William & Mary. I am putting him on the Main page for now until the picture becomes clearer.

I just love this stuff. :roll:

This is a fairly common occurence. Per 2013 recruiting pages on about every site one can name, Harold Givens is listed as a Columbus, GA native attending the Quality Education Academy in Winston Salem. To the contrary, Givens claims on his Twitter page to be from New Orleans, LA. Oh, and he lives in Winston-Salem, but plays AAU ball for the South Carolina Raptors Elite. He, too, apparently gets around!
Quality Education Academy? I wonder what kind of quality... :lol:
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:36 pm

From Twitter and internet reports I have added two players to the Main Page (added one a few days ago) and put player pages up for each. They are:

SG Torin Dorn (6′ 4″ 180) of Zebulon B. Vance High School in Charlotte, NC

SF Eddie Keith (6′ 4″ 210) of Edgewater High School in Edgewater, FL

Dorn is showing additional offers from UNCC, Gardner-Webb, High Point, WCU, William & Mary, and Wofford.

Keith is showing additional offers from College of Charleston, FAU, FGCU, Gardner-Webb, Jacksonville, USF, and UCF

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:52 pm

From twitter and internet reports I have added SF Eric Lockett (6′ 5″ 185) of Whitefield Academy in Mableton, GA to the main page and placed a player page for him. No video yet but I will put some up as soon as I find some. The Future150 3 star and ESPN.com 2 star is showing additional reported offers from UTC, Ga. Sou, MTSU, and Radford.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:31 am

Per twitter and internet reports I've added SG Matthew Fisher-Davis (6′ 5″ 190) of Charlotte Christian High School in Charlotte, NC to the main page and placed a player page for him. He is showing additional offer from Gardner-Webb, Liberty, Mercer, Northern Kentucky, Ohio, UNCW, and WCU.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:54 pm

Per internet and twitter reports I have added PF Jordan Session (6′ 9″ 205) of Eagle’s Landing Christian in McDonough, GA to the main page and placed a player page with a short video clip up for him. I'll add more video as soon as more gets posted. He is showing additional offers from College of Charleston, MTSU, Radford, and Winthrop.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:44 pm

While I had a few minutes today I decided to update the Main 2014 page. I have placed player pages for two I already had on the page and added one I've had stored for a few days.

Updated pages with video:

PG Hunter Ware (6′ 1 160) of North Cobb Christian School in Kennesaw, GA

PG Nate Mason (5′ 11″ 160) of Shiloh High School in Decatur, GA

Added to Page:

SG/PG Keyshawn Woods (6′ 4″ 180) of Northside Christian Academy in Charlotte, NC
Last edited by firemoose on Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:10 pm

firemoose wrote:While I had a few minutes today I decided to update the Main 2014 page. I have placed player pages for two I already had on the page and added one I've had stored for a few days.

Added to Page:

SG/PG Keyshawn Woods (6′ 4″ 180) of Northside Christian Academy in Gastonia, NC
Northside Christian in Gastonia???? Did. You mean in Charlotte?
Bring Your A Game!

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:49 pm

huskie3 wrote:
firemoose wrote:While I had a few minutes today I decided to update the Main 2014 page. I have placed player pages for two I already had on the page and added one I've had stored for a few days.

Added to Page:

SG/PG Keyshawn Woods (6′ 4″ 180) of Northside Christian Academy in Gastonia, NC
Northside Christian in Gastonia???? Did. You mean in Charlotte?
Yes in Charlotte. He was at Gaston Day before transferring to Northside. Future150 still had him listed with the hometown of Gastonia. Had a brain fart when I was typing the info in. I've changed it on the main page and in my post. Thanks :D

Between all the pages I've put up more than 400 players. I think I'm due a screw up or two... ;) :lol:

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:46 pm

No problem. We have a church here in Gastonia that has been trying for several years to start a "school" and I thought this was another attempt and we needed to stay away from from questionable credentials.
Thanks for the effort you put in.
Bring Your A Game!

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:07 am

No problem on the digging. I enjoy it. Along those lines per twitter and internet reports I've added SF/SG Antonio “TJ” Lang (6′ 6″ 190) of McGill Toolen Catholic High School in Mobile, AL to the main page and placed a player page with highlights up for him. Scout.com has him listed as a 2015 recruit but everyone else (247, ESPN, verbalcommits, hudl, etc) lists him as a 2014 recruit so I'm sticking him on that page for now.

Scout has him as a 3 Star and ESPN lists him as a 2 star. And if the name sounds familiar to anyone he is the son of former Duke player Antonio Lang. He is showing reported additional offers from Ga. Sou, UL-L, Oregon State, Samford, and Va. Tech.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:04 pm

Per twitter I have added PG/SG Colton Bishop (6′ 2″ 165) of Forsyth Country Day School in Lewisville, NC to the main recruiting page and placed a player page with video highlights up for him. The additional offers I could find so far come from twitter and are Gardner-Webb, Loyola-Maryland, and UNCW with some other mid-majors in contact. I'll keep checking and update as I find them.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:47 am

It should be fairly enlightening to learn whether SunBelt-capable recruits will sign with AppState knowing full-well of Capel's "lame duck" status. Looking back, Capel obtained three commitments in September of 2012. Can he replicate that and get signed LOIs in November? Does it really matter, since the NCAA will allow signed LOIs to be nullified if Capel' isn't retained when his contract expires? Just thinkin' ahead... :?:

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:54 am

Saint3333 wrote:firemoose, any thoughts on how the move to the Belt has impacted the caliber of recruit we're going after?
It should be fairly enlightening to learn whether SunBelt-capable recruits will sign with AppState knowing full-well of Capel's "lame duck" status. Looking back, Capel obtained three commitments in September of 2012. Can he replicate that and get signed LOIs in November? Does it really matter, since the NCAA will allow signed LOIs to be nullified if Capel' isn't retained when his contract expires?

Like you, Saint. just thinkin' ahead... :?:

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:22 am

I don't think it is a lame duck season, it is a make or brake season though.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:42 pm

I've made some changes to the main page this evening. From internet reports I've added SG Cameron Johnson (6′ 4″ 190) of Clarke Central High School in Athens, GA and moved former 2013 commit PF Marcus Bryan (6-8, 215) of Ravenscroft School in Raleigh/Tilton School from the 2013 page to the 2014 page.

Not a lot of BBall info about Johnson out there but I'm still looking. He is also the Central QB and there is more about him in that position. Anything I find I'll add and post an update.

From what I've read Bryan is playing this year at the Tilton Prep School in NH. Some are saying he still holds an offer from App so I added him to the list. That's more of a wait and see situation.

Also, found the tweet below last night after I got back.

Bret McCormick‏@ASGR1995
Appalachian State gets 2014 in state verbal commitment. Madi Story 5-10 SG Bandy's HS NC

Not exactly sure why this was tweeted now since, as the article below shows, she committed back in January but since we don't have a 2014 Women's Page complete yet I thought I would mention it. I'll get the 2014 women's page set up ASAP. Things like 26 hour drives keep getting in the way. ;)

http://www.observernewsonline.com/conte ... -app-state

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:42 pm

From twitter reports I've added PG/SG Jon Elmore (6′ 4″ 180) of Christ School in Arden, NC (via South Charleston High School in Charleston, WV) to the main page and placed a player page with video up for him. According to Future150 and PhenomHoopReport he transferred to Christ School to play against national competition, something he wasn't able to do in WV. They both are reporting he is picking up a lot of mid and high major interest since the move. I'll have a list of offers as soon as I can find more complete one.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:26 pm

After a little more digging I've found additional offers for Jon Elmore from Ball St, Boston U, Campbell, Furman, Gardner-Webb, Ga. Sou, George Washington, High Point, Mercer, Ohio, Texas Pan-American, UNCC, VMI, Vermont, WCU, William & Mary, Winthrop, and Wofford.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”